Honored Contributor

Re: frost guard windshield cover

[ Edited ]

Even though we live in NE this is something neither of us would rarely,  if ever use or need. Didn't use them when I worked and parked in a 2,000 vehicle parking lot, which was a wide open windy piece of concrete where the winds in winter were pretty strong and brisk.

We actually park our vehicles in our 2 car garage.  Unlike most around us/friends and neighbors, we have a storage shed to store things(much of what I see in garages?) that I actually use. Makes no sense to me, but?

Our newer neighbors have a 2 car garage and 5-6-7(?) people living in their home. Fortunately they have a huge paved area and a long driveway as I see a minimum of 4 cars parked outside every night, none in the garage.

These people mentioned above I have seen spend lots of time(brrr) brushing/scraping/cussing, hand some even do 1 of the dumbest things(which should earn them a moving citation), driving looking through a "peep hole" in the windshield/side windows and some don't bother to even brush inches of snow off their rear window. Guess they thing their rear window defroster will eventually do it for them.

Garages that I see with 2 even 3 stalls are mostly used for storage while they park their vehicles out in the snow, sometimes ice, covering the whole vehicle. But, their mostly unused "stuff" is nice and dry. Hey! They buy auto/remote start kits, so their just peachy.

Guess I'm just different as I always have used my 1 and 2 car garages to park our vehicles.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Valued Contributor

I always buy black.  The black absorbs the most heat out of the ambient air temperature when the sun is shining so every little bit of heat helps.  I really like this newer version of this with the door flaps which help keep it planted on the windshield in wind.  It might still blow up a bit in wind though but still better than the original version without the flaps.  That one would rise up in the wind like a sail.

Honored Contributor

speaking for myself......we have a two car garage.

we have four cars. two cars HAVE to be sitting on the driveway or on the street.

even if your cars are inside at your home garage, there is still need for this type of item when you are at work, school, visiting, or out doing errands.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein