Esteemed Contributor

Re: friday night happy hour.....TGIF....what are you drinking?

@Mersha 

Yes, I love the Instant Folgers. Have had all types/brands of perked/drip, and while some are good. Prefer my Folgers.

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Friday night must be pizza night.  Just ordered a pizza and time is an hour and 1/2.  We did just eat little bit of taco salad DH made today so at least we aren't real hungry waiting for our pizza.

I am drinking unsweet Gold Peak ice tea. @sunshine45   Tangeray with limes used to be my drink of choice too but now my stomach does not like it.  I never liked tonic tho, too bitter, I liked it with either gingerale or seven up.

We are going to have a good weekend.  We are meeting our first GreatGrandchild tomorrow at son's house.  She is 2 weeks old.  I think it will probably be a combo birthday dinner for DH too tho that was not mentioned, but is probably why GD picked that day to travel home.  Granddaughter lives 2 hours away.  Son could not go see her til now as he had shingles.  They are now resolved, so he is also meeting her for the first time.  It will be a very good day, although quite emotional I'm sure.

The week she was born son and DDIL took the week off to go down and see and help with new baby, but couldn't because he had shingles and can't be around pregnant women or babies.

@KathyM23 My first grandson was born two weeks ago.  He came three weeks early and had to stay in the hospital since he had low oxygen at first.  My DD and her DH brought him home today!  We hope to see him this weekend. Smiley Happy

Enjoy meeting your new great grandchild!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

Today is my son's birthday.  We all went out to dinner....I had crabcakes and a glass of Pinot Grigio.  Delicious!  Topped with birthday cake and ice cream!Smiley Happy....later of course.

@haddon9 

Love good crab cakes and my favorite summer wine is a cold Pinot Grigio.

189057784-C1N1.jpeg

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

@haddon9   @KathyM23 

Congrats on your babies!! 

Enjoy every minute and milestone with them.

It seems like my first grandchild was just born and in a few months he will be graduating high school.

Truly bittersweet.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

@kate2357 It was (& still is) a cold, windy and rainy evening! 

Our table was in a warm glassed in porch overlooking a large outdoor tent where a few people sat with a nice fire going.  It was pleasant since we were warm & dry but could still view the fire....honestly I am sick of winter and I'm so looking forward to warm weather! 

Yes crabcakes and a cool glass of white wine makes me think of summer!

Honored Contributor

Re: friday night happy hour.....TGIF....what are you drinking?^

Hot mug of plant milk (soy&almond), pero, monk fruit/stevia sweetner, and a splash of cacao....it's my treat!

@Snowpuppy   I'm a San Pellegrino girl too!

Honored Contributor

I'll have what OP is having!!! I love the brand of gin!!!Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl 

Right!
And she had me at "extra limes" !

Valued Contributor

The only liquor I have is Bailey’s Irish Cream, around the Christmas holidays. So last night I had a bottle of Orange Mango ICE with two slices of pizza topped with mushrooms.
Honored Contributor

@scatcat wrote:

@wagirl wrote:

@wagirl 

Right!
And she had me at "extra limes" !

@scatcat 

@wagirl 

when i am out sometimes, i sometimes have to ask for a small bowl full of limes. LOL.....i do love that flavor in my gin and tonics for sure!

it makes it very refreshing.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein