Honored Contributor

Re: friday night happy hour.....TGIF....what are you drinking?

@icezeus wrote:

I have a little while longer, before it's 5:00. I plan on having a Segrams Calypso Colada with my dinner tonight of Spicy Beef Fried rice and Crispy Honey Tempura Shrimp. 

That drink sounds delicious @icezeus, can you show the label?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper 

it is a miserable chilly night here in the baltimore area also.

we had a mix earlier, some rain, and more heavy rain and winds expected in a few hours. just one of the reasons why i decided to stay home.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@KathyM23 wrote:

Friday night must be pizza night.  Just ordered a pizza and time is an hour and 1/2.  We did just eat little bit of taco salad DH made today so at least we aren't real hungry waiting for our pizza.

I am drinking unsweet Gold Peak ice tea. @sunshine45   Tangeray with limes used to be my drink of choice too but now my stomach does not like it.  I never liked tonic tho, too bitter, I liked it with either gingerale or seven up.

We are going to have a good weekend.  We are meeting our first GreatGrandchild tomorrow at son's house.  She is 2 weeks old.  I think it will probably be a combo birthday dinner for DH too tho that was not mentioned, but is probably why GD picked that day to travel home.  Granddaughter lives 2 hours away.  Son could not go see her til now as he had shingles.  They are now resolved, so he is also meeting her for the first time.  It will be a very good day, although quite emotional I'm sure.

The week she was born son and DDIL took the week off to go down and see and help with new baby, but couldn't because he had shingles and can't be around pregnant women or babies.

how wonderful @KathyM23 .....i am sure it is going to be a love filled weekend! i am waiting for my FIRST grandchild......due in july. my daughter is having a boy. lots to do before the new baby arrrives. the other grandma has been preparing the babys room this week. i ordered a multi function crib this week. i am now busy trying to decide what i want to be called. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am presently drinking Sprite.  DH is making dinner - his special baked salmon and baked sweet potatoes.  Yummy and healthy.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, my DD and I are planning to go to a large craft show.  She is taking needle felting classes, and her teacher was kind enough to give her two tickets.  This woman makes the most beautiful creations, gorgeous animals

crafted from wool that should be in a museum.  Of course, a few hundred $ well spent.  I will look and drool!

@sunshine45 , Oh, for the grandmother’s name - I am MIMI.  The fun one!  Quite popular in my area.  And congratulations!

My oldest grandchild is 15 now, a high school freshman, and I think a bit over 6 feet tall.  Little sis is 10.  Enjoy, as the years go so quickly.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT 

MIMI is definitely one of the names i am considering.

the other grandmother already chose her name.....OMA.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JaneMarple wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

I have a little while longer, before it's 5:00. I plan on having a Segrams Calypso Colada with my dinner tonight of Spicy Beef Fried rice and Crispy Honey Tempura Shrimp. 

That drink sounds delicious @icezeus, can you show the label?

@JaneMarple 

The name of it is Seagrams Escape Variety pack.

Just Google it and you will see them. It's a blue box and it's the bottles.

Honored Contributor

Went to a bar &  grill for a fish fry. Now we're home sipping some white wine and waiting for a new episode of Blue Bloods.

Honored Contributor

I don't do drinks on a regular basis--haven't had one in years.  And I don't care for wine at all.

It's water, tea or espresso for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Fish sticks (Friday), tartar sauce and water.  So boring. Watching some game shows and basketball.  Toledo beat Ball State and now it's Bowling Green and Ohio U with Ohio beating the socks off of BG. Going to bed soon. See ya all tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45, I'm ready for that drink now! 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson