Honored Contributor

Re: former host Patti Reilly has written a book

Sounds like something no one will read.

I predict its future in the dollar bin.

Honored Contributor

I wish her well, she has done alright for herself. I always thought she seemed like a nice person who was trying to do a good job. Everyone likes some hosts more than others.. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I used to watch a lot of Q years ago when Patti Reilly was a host and I liked her.  I also remember how there were multiple threads about her that were unkind and not needed.  We didn't have mods back then.

I see there are still some traces of unkindness about Patti after all these years.  It's true that we have favorite hosts but predicting failure (read: hoping) does nothing but make the person doing so petty and small.

I wish her all the best; she does what she does, takes initiative, doesn't slow down. At least she is doing something with her life that she enjoys instead of sitting around waiting for life to come to her.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't mind her hosting back in the day.    I remember too when she was fairly heavy and did lose a lot of weight.  I kind of thought she became a bit snobby after that.  You know like when someone quits smoking and then they lecture others about it.  Regardless, I wish her success.  I have no idea if she actually has any education in the topic.

Honored Contributor

The graphic on the book to the right looks like the Coronavirus-- poor choice of illustration. Woman Surprised  JMHO, but l don't think many people even know who she is, nor would they be interested in what she has to say.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

Oh my gosh.  She thinks she's an expert and wants us to purchase a book to learn from her groundbreaking experience.  I just made myself laugh out loud.  Good luck with that, Miss Expert.  You won't be getting any money from me.

Respected Contributor

I think she's having delusions of grandeur...which is what got her kicked off QVC.

Respected Contributor

@santorini wrote:

Oh my gosh.  She thinks she's an expert and wants us to purchase a book to learn from her groundbreaking experience.  I just made myself laugh out loud.  Good luck with that, Miss Expert.  You won't be getting any money from me.

...and her TREMENDOUS success after she left (i.e., was shown the door by) QVC...Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

She is the last person I would take advice from LOL!

Esteemed Contributor

I wish her well.  If the book is about how to market your product, then I applaud her.  For anyone who wants to start a business, there are many books out there, but you just need the right one to get you started.  Hopefully for some, this will be the book.  I hope that she has success with it.  It appears that she has done well for herself after leaving the Q.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!