Super Contributor

for those of you near southhaven ms - memphis

Tanger Outlets Plans To Add Memphis Outlet Mall In Southaven Ms

Tanger Outlets Memphis will be a first-class destination for shoppers seeking their favorite designer and name brands, offering merchandise that is on trend and in season direct from the manufacturer at outlet prices.

The partnership plans to commence construction immediately and open for the 2015 holiday season. The partners plan to initially deliver approximately 310,000 square feet of space to house around 70 upscale brand name and designer outlet stores. The site can accommodate future expansion to a total footprint of approximately 410,000 square feet of outlet and other retail uses.

The center will be located approximately 4.5 miles south of Memphis in Southaven, Mississippi at the northeast quadrant of I-69/55 and Church Road, with visibility on I-69/55. More than 1.5 million people live within an hour of the site. Memphis is the largest city in Tennessee and attracts over 9 million tourists annually.

"We are excited to add Tanger Outlets Memphis to our existing portfolio of successful resort and destination properties," said Steven B. Tanger, President and CEO of Tanger Outlets. "Our joint venture with Poag is a strategic move to deliver a world class outlet experience in this thriving market."

"We are pleased to partner with Tanger to bring the finest outlet shopping to Southaven and the greater Memphis area, our home town. We truly appreciate the public/private partnership under the Mississippi Tourism Project Incentive Program among the City of Southaven, the State of Mississippi and our team. Without the hard work and perseverance of all of the parties involved, we would not be at this construction start," said Josh Poag, President and CEO of Poag Shopping Centers.

Honored Contributor

Re: for those of you near southhaven ms - memphis

I'd be curious to see how this works out... sure hope crime from Memphis and surrounding areas don't trinkle down.. Yes I lived in Memphis for 20yrs, son is in Bartlett, MIL lives in Orange Mound- now there's a nice neat, crime free area, wrong!!! But on the other hand it might be a big fat plus, we shall see.. My dear friend lives in Olive Branch, I'll ask her too.. she loves to shop..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

Are any shopping malls ever really crime-free? There are Tanger-type malls all over the place ... Illinois, Missouri, Louisiana, etc. Not sure they are any more crime-ridden than anywhere else.

Honored Contributor

True, Sox, very true..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Respected Contributor

Southhaven isn't the best part of town............maybe it will help the area.

Honored Contributor

On 1/9/2015 hulagirl said:

Southhaven isn't the best part of town............maybe it will help the area.

hulagirl, I agree with you about that... maybe it will help the area but like I said before, we shall see.

Go VOLS
Super Contributor

We travel through this area for the past 20 years going to-from Texas. Use to, before the loop opened up, we had to go through Germantown and all those red lights. The area I'm thinking of has grown by leaps and bounds over the last 10+ years.

As for as Memphis proper, around Beale (sp?) Street etc. I wouldn't be caught after dark.

Love the Memphis Zoo and their Northwest Exhibit and also their Panda exhibit IF they are still there as sometimes I think China does a "loan" program with Panda's.

Super Contributor

The city of Memphis area was just a few months ago rated the 3rd highest crime area in the country...........but the Southaven area is in MS so it may not have been included in the numbers.