Respected Contributor

Re: for those alone on Christmas

For All you LOVELY people, who were so kind to offer hugs and words of support, just know, I absorbed every kind word and thank each of you.  It's amazing how heartfelt virtual hugs offer a touch of magic for the spirit.

I'm giving thanks for finding this forum and having the opportunity to visit with such a great group of people. I hope to get to know everyone better in the NY.

Even though I've not been on the forums long, I've noted my situation is one so many have shared here.  So many losses, along with other major stressors, from caregiver to family struggles, property problems, work issues, health issues, etc. It seems there's always someone here who can relate to any given circumstance, stepping in to offer guidance. That's often rare, even within our family/social circles. 

It's been a tough year, and beyond, for many. My wish for everyone here is for a blessed and prosperous 2020, with an abundance of good health, strength and joy.  

Honored Contributor

I'm watching a lot of Christmas movies, right now I'm watching Home Alone on Freeform.

Respected Contributor

Many here on these boards know that my DH passed away six months ago, so this is a sad time for me. My first Christmas without him, so I know the pain many of you are feeling.

However, I am looking forward to the new year and new decade of moving on to hopefully happier times.

Wishing you all peace.Heart

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

Many here on these boards know that my DH passed away six months ago, so this is a sad time for me. My first Christmas without him, so I know the pain many of you are feeling.

However, I am looking forward to the new year and new decade of moving on to hopefully happier times.

Wishing you all peace.Heart

@catwhisperer   Sorry for your loss and I DO hope the years ahead bring you joyful memories (and less sadness) of all the years with your DH.