Honored Contributor

Re: firefighters in baltimore.....tragic day today 1/24/2022

@songbird wrote:

@sunshine45   I had no idea this happened.  I saw the post and googled it.  3 dead.  Very sad.  What angered me was the boarded up rowhouse.  That's what Baltimore is now.  Row upon row of boarded up houses.  They try to pretty them up by renaming them townhouses.  These houses are pathetic.

the house was inspected about three weeks ago and was found to be properly boarded up and clean. i am not sure how thorough and detailed the inspection process is? we will probably know more in the upcoming weeks. i believe they said the owners of the property live in pennsylvania?

this same home caught fire about 7 years ago and another firefighter was injured fighting that fire.

arson, squatters, other issues? we will hear more i am sure.

in the meantime, we need to focus on the lives lost, the one hanging onto life, and their family members and coworkers.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

When I heard this on the news yesterday, I felt such sorrow for the brave lives lost and their family and loved ones.

How true it is that our firefighters, policemen and other first responders go out of their homes each day, not knowing what they will encounter and if they will return home safe and sound.  Most who hold these positions think of others.  They are a special and heroic group. 

Trusted Contributor

Every firefighter is a true hero to me...they willingly rush into burning buildings to save lives...God bless the families and others who these brave men have left behind. 

Honored Contributor

I am also a Baltimoreon, very sad time for us now, flags are flying at half mast. 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 

So very very sad----  thoughts and prayers for everyone impacted....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”