Honored Contributor

Re: feeling sorry for a nice lady behind the desk at my Drs office

@tansy wrote:

I am asked every single time for my date of birth before I am asked for my name at the pharmacy or at the doctor’s office.  

@tansy

I am too.  I say it very loud so everyone can hear.  I get a lot of compliments about how I don't look my age, and I smile.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people just look to feel put upon so they can have an excuse to lash out... It's becoming an epidemic...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

I wish we had switches we could turn off when we meet with irrational or broken people. In most cases, they cannot harm us, but they do leave a lasting impression. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

@cherryCherry, my dear.  You have such a kind heart I realize you cannot imagine what what you saw.  There are people everywhere that are rude or think they are entitled.  In my book, they're filed under "IGNORANT!".  We who worked in education or with the public at all have all seen our share of these people! 

I'm just glad that my life always allows me to always smile.

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry  Any time you are working with the public you never know what kind of behavior you will encounter. I worked with the public in various jobs all my life.  I've seen it all.  I know your kindness helped the receptionist deal with the upset, I've been there.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I usually never do this, but I actually gave the med. facility wher I was treated recently a bad review. I wouldn't have done this except they kept bugging me in my email to do a survey , so I finally did. My problem was my inability to hear, and almost every person from the desk person to the nurses and the doc himself, had to be asked repeatedly to speak up. It is an ENT clinic, and I wanted to say Dude what don't you understand about I can't hear ?  It is so important to understand instructions at a Dr. appt., so I was frustrated.  The evaluation wasn't all bad though, the NA.who was so concerned about my BP, and made sure I followed up got a great evaluation. I never had to ask her to speak up. The lady you speak of made a big deal over nothing, and that's a shame.

@QVCkitty1  Be very careful who you give a bad review to.  I just heard recently on the radio a patient gave a doctor a bad review and said she misdiagnosed her, plus she accused the doctor of ordering unneeded medical tests.  

‘’The doctor got very upset over this false information, and sued the patient for tons of money.  The doctor won her case and the patient was ordered to pay a huge amount of money to the doctor.  The doctor stated it’s not the money she was awarded it was the fact that her practice was in jeopardy by false reviews.  I applaud the doctor for challenging this patient.  More fit or should go after patients they feel is giving them false bad reviews.  

@Blingqueen023, It's a tough call, some patients are unreasonable, some have valid concerns. I thought my issues were valid, so I gave my review.

@QVCkitty1 I believe you totally.  That other patient probably believed her review also, but unfortunately, she was proven wrong.  I have to say,  I never heard of a doctor taking the time to challenge a patient and to even take it to court before.  I heard that report on a Washington, D.C. talk radio show just recently while ‘I was sitting in traffic.  I was shocked when I heard that.  

@Blingqueen023

It wasn't anything to do with the fact that it was a bad review per se.  It was the review itself that contained false information.  If you say you what happened to you factually, you should be OK.  If you include suspicions like that woman did, you may be in trouble.

Per BBC dot com, in a review she's since deleted after her August 2017 visit, she wrote: "I suspect that this doctor gives unnecessary procedure [sic] to a lot of people and then charges the insurance sky high prices and no one knows the difference."

@QVCkitty1

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I don't understand how anyone can be rude to someone going out of their way to be helpful to you.

I think some people just need to be bossy sometimes.  Like they need to get it out of their system because it has been building up for a while.  It's obnoxious and rude, and there's no excuse for it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When waiting for an RX the pharmacy will call out your name. Same with Dr. office etc. They usually only call your first name. (unless no one shows up) I don't have a problem with calling my first name only.

The problem is Dr. offices get busy etc. and forget to take off the sticker of names who signed in. So you can read everyone who is there. Some places still  have the old way and it's a piece of paper. (I don't care for)

Pretty soon they might issue you a card with a number on it. (and use that for a name)

It will be more work.

Valued Contributor

I think it is ironic that when I fill out forms at the Dr.'s office, they also have me sign a confidentiality paper. In other words my records are not to be shown or discussed unless I give my ok. Personally I don't care who sees my records or knows I am at the Dr.'s office. The odd part if when they call you in, they say " Mrs. Whatever your name is " so there is no confidential appt anyway.

Trusted Contributor

@cherry WAT TO GO !!!  Good for you for going the extra mile to make her feel appreciated. There is to much negativity, hostility and just plain nastiness and rudeness in the world. It takes less energy and effort to be courteous in my opinion.