Valued Contributor

a long time ago I used to do mystery shopping. Mostly in CA -- a little bit here. Today I shopped at a grocery store that I rarely go to -- but wanted to give them a try. It is a store that I used to mystery shop -- so I am aware of the things management keyed in on for their concerns.

The store was a mess -- carts of boxes left blocking aisles, hard to get through MANY spaces. Bagged salad out of date and brown on the shelf. I observed an employee knocking packages of cookies to the floor and putting them back -- knowing the kind of cookies that they would all be smashed. At the checkout my carton of eggs did not have a UPC code? I dunno -- I missed this putting things on the belt -- but when the cashier was finished she looked at me and said "we are waiting on John to get the eggs" I had no idea what she was talking about. Then the other person (bagging) said there was a code in the book on the shelf for eggs. They argued about it to the point of the cashier throwing the book at the bagger.

finally the guy shows up with eggs so I can leave.

I am thinking of sending a report to the store -- it was awful!

Same chain store in a nicer neighborhood that I was in last week was VERY different.

Hey you, get off of my cloud...