Honored Contributor

Re: email letter from HSN president may 2023

Obviously HSN is following the QVC return policies.  I rarely shop either of them anymore BUT losing the original shipping charges unless their error or defect always make me think twice about ordering.  (These costs add up quickly with return fees).

Respected Contributor

I rarely purchase anything from HSN and have never had a return to them, but the way I read it, did you used to get your original shipping refunded on everything, even if you just didn't like it.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @sunshine45 !  I figured this move was coming sooner than later.  I appreciated getting original shipping returned, which helps offset their return fee ($7.95, $1.00 more than Q's by the way). 

Unfortunately, this change simply means I'll be waiting for Free Shipping days and or coupons to order, which is not the effect they are hoping for in my mind.  Just exacerbates the bigger problem that Qurate faces.  

Neither channel offers a line of items so compelling that I can't find something similar elsewhere.  Are they hanging their future on Easy Pay/Flex Pay?

I'm at the point in my life where I'm buying things, mostly elsewhere, where I pay for things in full.

Honored Contributor

My purchases are high, my returns extremely low.  I thought that they were already doing this so it means nothing to me.

Respected Contributor

I've ordered from HSN and the Q for decades.  This stated policy has always been HSN's policy.  If I returned something because I just didn't like it, I always lost my original shipping and handling and was always charged to ship it back.  No idea why they're restating what they're always done.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the news. And of course as your VIP customer, I am in the same difficulty as HSN. As a result, I must inform that I will have to do my shopping with this in mind and find the best quality, value and price everywhere. I would be foolish to do otherwise.

As for the "family" atmosphere, I would feel that had I received a coupon or two along the thirty years. Nevertheless, I wish you good luck in your endeavors, as I know you do mine.

Honored Contributor

Uh,oh! 

Honored Contributor

I thought we lost those fees at QVC years ago.  I didn't even realize they were covered at HSN.  I'm just thankful when I get an email that they have received something back.  I don't follow up on  those easy pay refunds.  

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

I've ordered from HSN and the Q for decades.  This stated policy has always been HSN's policy.  If I returned something because I just didn't like it, I always lost my original shipping and handling and was always charged to ship it back.  No idea why they're restating what they're always done.

Not true, I have always gotten my original shipping costs returned if I sent something back, it was only the cost of the return shipping that was not refunded unless their error. 

Super Contributor

Shelbelle, you are correct.