Esteemed Contributor

ebay sellers...global shipping?

Have you, as a seller, participated in the global shipping program?

It sounds like more than I want to deal with.  I want my stuff listed, sold and shipped.  And I like to know up front what the costs are.

So I'm anxious to hear anyone's experience with it.  

Thanks in advance.

Keepin' it real.
Trusted Contributor

Re: ebay sellers...global shipping?

I sell on eBay and have used global shipping for a year now.  Works great.  The listing the customer sees shows what they will pay in shipping/customs. 

Example:  A customer in England wants to buy a purse I have for sell.  On their end they see the listing.  They see the price of the item in their money (converted to my asking price in US dollars). eBay does all of this for us. We don't have to figure out the customs, duty fees, etc. They see the shipping/customs fees added.  If they are willing to pay they hit "buy now" and pay.

eBay sends my notification that the item sold.

Now I pack it up and ship it to ebay's global shipping department in Kentucky

eBay does the rest.  They now send it on to the customer in the other country.

International buyers also cannot leave you negative feedback because eBay takes responsibility for the actual shipping of getting it out of the country.

Honestly, it works better than selling to other Americans.

I have a man in Israel who buys from me a lot.  We email back and forth on eBay and have become friends.

Honored Contributor

It’s so easy to use and I love how eBay handles the package and shipping calculations for you. I wouldn’t have any qualms about using it. 

Respected Contributor

Except it's Pitney Bowes who does the shipping from the global shipping area and not ebay.

One thing to note is the seller ONLY pays to ship to global shipping and not from there to the buyer.  

Regular Contributor

@esmerelda I sell on Ebay and have not used global shipping yet. I did have a few items listed that I included first class international shipping but never sold internationally. I mainly sell Ann Taylor Loft clothing and Vera Bradley handbags and accessories so maybe these items aren't very popular internationally.

I decided to stick with US shipping only but may reconsider and try global shipping. I do know that global shipping is basically the same as priority shipping but ships internationally. From what I understand global shipping is pretty expensive on the buyers end if an item is pretty lightweight. Whereas, international first class isn't. BTW international first class is up to 4 lbs.