Esteemed Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Meghan Markle's smile is hiding fear, stress and the pressure of adjusting to her new royal duties, her father Thomas Markle said in an interview published Sunday.

“I think she is terrified, I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now. This is a pained smile.”

The newly-minted Duchess of Sussex,  is struggling to cope with the transition from TV actress to a member of the royal family with public responsibilities, according to her father.

“It really worries me. I think she’s under too much pressure,” said Thomas Markle, "There’s a high price to pay to be married to that family.”

A loving and caring father would not be saying those things to the press.  He clearly wants attention for himself, and he's using his daughter to get it.  If he were truly worried, he would reach out to family or friends, someone close to her.  Above all, a loving and caring father wouldn't embarrass her publicly.  He would be discreet, especially because of her new marriage and role.

He loses me totally when I read remarks he's made followed by, "he said in an interview".  He's a foolish man because if he ever wants her back in his life, he's going about it in the exactly wrong way.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Its pretty obvious that Meghan and her father are not close.  That's his fault for not nurturing a close relationship with her when she was a child.  Now he's just using her as a source of income.  I don't blame her for not wanting contact with him.  Thankfully she seems closer to her mom.

Yes.  And by all accounts her Mom really seems to be lovely.

Not everyone gets two good parents.  I have a feeling that Meghan is very grateful for the one she has.

Esteemed Contributor

@princesess wrote:

i feel very sorry for him not being able to contact her, after all he is her dad.

I don't understand feeling sorry for him.  He's made some very poor choices, and doesn't seem to have been a very involved or caring father.  He opted not to walk her down the aisle, not to attend the wedding, not to meet Harry.  (Who wouldn't want to meet Harry!)  :-)

Seriously, no one is entitled to be part of someone's life when they're as toxic as he appears to be.  We don't know the whole story, but there doesn't seem to have been much closeness between them, yet she still wanted him to walk her down the aisle.  So she took the high road.  And now he's making money by talking about her and embarrassing her publicly.

"After all he is her dad" doesn't fly with me.  I worked in the mental health field for many years, and, believe me, fathering a child isn't a free pass to do whatever you want and still be welcomed with open arms.  And that's as it should be.

Trusted Contributor

I think he sounds like a stalker. Obviously, not as bad in the sense a stalker will physically hurt you.  Maybe a harasser because he won't leave her alone. He knows the way to get to her is by going public.  He's just determined to worm his way in. Worm being the obvious, creepy word.  

The role of duchess is actually a job and if you're new at a job, you're probably stressed. Does it help her to have him make comments, which very likely put even more of a spotlight on her.  And if you had any common sense, wouldn't you leave any newlywed alone, at least for a while? 

Honored Contributor

I vote for 'M' to send Bond, James Bond after his old, fat ***.

Super Contributor

seems like markle is running from her family, maybe one of these days she will need them and they wont be there.

Super Contributor

AS THEY SAY SHE MADE HER BED, NOW LET HER LAY IN IT.

Honored Contributor

@princesess wrote:

seems like markle is running from her family, maybe one of these days she will need them and they wont be there.

LOLWATERMELON.gif

Honored Contributor

We have no idea what is really happening.  But he is not helping himself by selling his stories.  She asked him to walk her down the aisle at her wedding, knowing full well that about a billion people would watch.  That doesn't show me that she tossed him aside or wanted to disown him.  He let her down, then sold his stories.  Not cool to do at all, but to family?  Nope.  I don't feel sorry for him.

Respected Contributor

@MorningLover wrote:

Meghan Markle's smile is hiding fear, stress and the pressure of adjusting to her new royal duties, her father Thomas Markle said in an interview published Sunday.

“I think she is terrified, I see it in her eyes, I see it in her face and I see it in her smile. I’ve seen her smile for years. I know her smile. I don’t like the one I’m seeing now. This is a pained smile.”

The newly-minted Duchess of Sussex,  is struggling to cope with the transition from TV actress to a member of the royal family with public responsibilities, according to her father.

“It really worries me. I think she’s under too much pressure,” said Thomas Markle, "There’s a high price to pay to be married to that family.”

He needs to shut the 🦆up.