Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

A daughter worth a reported five million should be ashamed to withhold financial support making her father an easy target for the tabloids to use. 

I'm sure you being a long time close personal friend of the Duchess gives you a unique persective and awareness of the way she behaves and her motiviations, She must be so distraught at your intense disapproval of her actions and need Harry to comfort her in her distress of your opinion.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Super Contributor

you are right.

Trusted Contributor

Having been in a situation with my own biological dad, I can understand her wanting to cut ties. Sometimes you just have to do it for your own sanity.

Her situation is a little different..shes in the public eye and a royal now.

IMHO, if this was my situation, I would not give a cent, because I think this is his goal. Her sister will want the same. I would see him, and talk to him to come to some sort of an agreement. The royals have had to deal with much worse.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

He's got Social Security

I wonder if he collect SS, if he owes federal income taxes?

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

A daughter worth a reported five million should be ashamed to withhold financial support making her father an easy target for the tabloids to use. 

I know I shouldn't keep feeding you, but besides the fact that he should be able to support himself, there is the thought that even if she gave him this "supposed" five million dollars she's earned, he'd blow through it in a nano-second.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

I know I shouldn't keep feeding you, but besides the fact that he should be able to support himself, there is the thought that even if she gave him this "supposed" five million dollars she's earned, he'd blow through it in a nano-second.

@RoughDraft He'd blow through it in a nano-second and quickly ask for more.  And more.

Honored Contributor
Doria is the epitome of class...to attend the wedding alone and hold her head up high was more than many of us could have done....I will always admire her for that.
Esteemed Contributor

Whenever I see something about unpleasantness between Megan and her dad, the phrase “Dead to me comes to mind.”  I think she should write him off and not care what the rest of the world thinks about it.  I think he will cause her nothing but heartache and trouble.  It’s who he is. Or at least who he has shown himself to be.

Keepin' it real.