Respected Contributor

drugstore dot com's change of policy

I just got an email from them re. their new no return policy. 

Snip...

"Beginning on September 1, 2016, all sales are final. No returns will be accepted, and products will be sold as is, without warranty. We are not responsible for any losses incurred due to attempted returns of purchases made after September 1.

All products purchased prior to September 1, 2016 will still be eligible for returns based on the policy in place at that time. Returns for those products will be accepted for 30 days post purchase.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. This change will affect both drugstore.com and Beauty.com websites:..."

Auto reorder and save has also been discontinued.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Honored Contributor

Re: drugstore dot com's change of policy

They are shutting down very soon.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

I used to order regularly from both drugstore and beauty dot com. Never had any issues. I wonder what's going on.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

My best guess is they are shutting down and are easing into the decision.  This is the same thing that happened when Coldwater Creek went out of business.  They always offered great discounts, wonderful return policies (in the store and online).  They were sold out to another company, but it has never been the same.  No longer interested because of their high costs and lack of great sales that once were.  

Respected Contributor

@The Monkey on My Back wrote:

I used to order regularly from both drugstore and beauty dot com. Never had any issues. I wonder what's going on.

Both are owned by Walgreens and it announced in July that both sites would close.  They want to concentrate on their own website sales.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yesterday I received an email indicating to use up any dollars I may have built up from prior orders. 

I don't buy much from drugstore but I order from beauty all the time.  Great prices, free s/h, bonus rewards dollars, cheaper prices. 

Shutting down both sites in the very near future?  HUGE BUMMER for all who shop on both sites.  Did not know Walgreens owned these 2 sites. 

I also just sent them an email sharing my regret on them shutting down both sites, certainly not that they care what I have to say!!!!  But I did also tell them that if they think customers will move over to their potentially expanding walgreens.com to pick up where these 2 soon to be defunct sites, they are crazy.  That will NOT be happening if they choose to not sell brands that I use.  I'm certainly not at all entertaining trying substitute products to take the place of products (especially makeup/facial products) that I currently use.  Do they really think consumers will do that?  I think not.

Honored Contributor

I placed my final order from them 10 days ago or so. I got free shipping and wanted to use my drugstore dollars (couldn't let them go unused!). 

I've got enough of my "couldn't find it anywhere else" hand lotion for the next 3-4 years!  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Reason for no returns is that they are shutting down on Sept 30.

Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone know of another site similar to this one?  Walgreens really ruined a good thing. 

I noticed the prices are not particularly good at the site currently so I'm not feeling compelled to purchase anything else at this point.  Bye drugstore...it was fun while it lasted.

Respected Contributor

@Snoopp wrote:

Does anyone know of another site similar to this one?  Walgreens really ruined a good thing. 

I noticed the prices are not particularly good at the site currently so I'm not feeling compelled to purchase anything else at this point.  Bye drugstore...it was fun while it lasted.

Beauty dot com was great. Sorry to see both sites will be no more. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____