Trusted Contributor

I cannot believe drones are not regulated. They should not be available for everyone. I can only imagine what damage can be done... when put in the wrong hands.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm surprised that no one is outraged over remote control airplanes and helicopters. Those can be used for nefarious reasons, too. 

Honored Contributor

Human beings are blessed to have brains that give the ability to reason right from wrong.  As I see it, there are human beings who just become MORE stupid every single day. 

Members of the animal kingdom are so much smarter with 'reason'.  I never cease to be amazed at the wonders of animals, what they do, how they live, how they keep themselves alive especially in avoiding danger.  They are defensive only when need be.

Humans do stupid things all the time and in this day and age humans do stupid things to only get their mugs in the newspaper and on what is now known to be 'social media'.  Instead of helping one another, humans love to hurt each other.  Humans believe this is a good way to live.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
In this time of turmoil and craziness I don't understand why people are allowed to purchase drones either - they are inviting more problems in society. It won't stop me from flying but the powers that made that decision are mentally out to lunch. They will not do anything until something major happens. At least put a tracking chip or something that they know where and who the owners are and if they try to remove it the drone will be disabled.
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

Human beings are blessed to have brains that give the ability to reason right from wrong.  As I see it, there are human beings who just become MORE stupid every single day. 

Members of the animal kingdom are so much smarter with 'reason'.  I never cease to be amazed at the wonders of animals, what they do, how they live, how they keep themselves alive especially in avoiding danger.  They are defensive only when need be.

Humans do stupid things all the time and in this day and age humans do stupid things to only get their mugs in the newspaper and on what is now known to be 'social media'.  Instead of helping one another, humans love to hurt each other.  Humans believe this is a good way to live.

I would say some humans are like this. But when I see what passes for 'quality TV programming' today, I have to wonder....

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Just wait until drones cause havoc on our speeding freeways.  Having an object (any object) fly past our windshield is a shock, and can cause us to brake or swerve into speeding traffic all around us.   BTW, it must be that those who own heliocopters and/or mini airplanes have more respect for others' property and for human lives.  Perhaps they were trained by responsible people.  Drones, not so much.   It would be an interesting (sociology) research project.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I like the idea of some type of chip/tracking device placed within each drone.  At least it would hold the purchaser accountable for any tragedy or property damage, or injury.  Let me remind you of the young boy in our neighborhood who asked us if we saw 'something fall from the sky'.  (His drone). 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

YEAH - chip the drones!!!!  I love this idea!!!  Don't sell them without it having a built-in chip that cannot be removed.  And if the new owner attempts to remove it or figures out how, they automatically destroy its ability to fly.

I LOVE IT!!!!!

Honored Contributor

The little toy helicopters don't have very much capicity. The one my DH has can only go up about 20 ft. before it loses the signal.Drones should be controlled the dsame way.

Honored Contributor

Re: drones and airports

[ Edited ]

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I'm surprised that no one is outraged over remote control airplanes and helicopters. Those can be used for nefarious reasons, too. 

--------------------------

------------------------------------------  That group of people seems to have more  in the common sense and accountability department.  They are usually in clubs/groups/etc. where they are taught responsibility and safety.  It seems to me, anyway.   (So far)