Valued Contributor
could I wear a black silk dress to my marriage renewal? I have a couple is ecru lace dresses. what do you think?
Honored Contributor
It's not like you are a virgin...right?? I'd go with the black dress. Congratulations. How many years?
Esteemed Contributor

I would not wear black to a vow renewal. Any other color would be fine, the lighter ecru sounds beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Congrats Mr and Mrs Sylvia.  How wonderful :-)  Wear what makes you feel beautiful for your special day.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Re: dresses for vow renewal

[ Edited ]
Ecru lace is better. Black is to bleek for a vow renewal. Ecru lace is so elegant. Congratulations!
Valued Contributor
not a virgin here. it's a very short sacrament but meaning ful
nice to see you , Tansy
we've been married 54 yars. Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

Congrats to you and mr. sylvia. Smiley Happy

I would wear whatever you like best...what you feel comfortable, confident and pretty in........doesn't matter the color.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor
Completely agree that you wear whatever makes you feel most special. I know that I would choose black, kinda sexy, and after all these years who doesn't want to feel kinda sexy???
No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

gee - if you feel like it, why not both?   the ecru lace for the vow renewal ceremony -  then a quick change into the black for the party.  seems like everybody's doing it!

Honored Contributor

Fifty-four years together is huge, sylvia!  Wear whatever makes you and your husband happy.