Trusted Contributor

Nowadays you can wear just about anything you like just about anywhere you like!  However, I wouldn't choose to wear black to my vow renewal ceremony.  I think almost any other color would be nice, but I wouldn't choose sober, formal black.  The ecru would be lovely, or you could choose a pastel or another color that flatters you.

Congratulation on 54 years and the upcoming celebration!

Respected Contributor

How cool is that? Black is fine. We had a wedding vow renewal at a Valentibe's Day dinner dance at church a couple years ago. I wore a favorite black leather dress with my three strand Jackie Kennedy pearl necklace I got from QVC. Have fun, we did.

Honored Contributor

Re: dresses for vow renewal

[ Edited ]

Of course, Syl !

Black silk is unique, elegant, and chic - just like you.  8)

Congrats to you and Mr. Sylvia!!

Esteemed Contributor

Congratulations!  The Black Dress sounds beautiful and is absolutely OK to wear. 

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Who can fault black with beautiful eye catching jewelry.

If you love it, wear it. OUR GENERATION has earned the right to make our own choices.

Blessings for a wonderful ceremony and celebration!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations and wear whatever makes you feel special ... because you are!  Just have fun!Heart

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I  would not wear black to my vow renewal. The ecru lace dress sounds pretty and more suitable for a bride than black.

Esteemed Contributor

54 years?!? Wow! How wonderful. Congrats. You could probably write a very interesting book! I really admire people who have long, happy marriages.

156043t6k4adw9e2-1.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@StylishLady wrote:

How cool is that? Black is fine. We had a wedding vow renewal at a Valentibe's Day dinner dance at church a couple years ago. I wore a favorite black leather dress with my three strand Jackie Kennedy pearl necklace I got from QVC. Have fun, we did.

Of course you wore black leather, your posts have always shown your love of leather!!   I love your fashion sense and style! You are your nic!!

Respected Contributor

Wear whatever makes you feel beautiful and happy.  The only opinion that really matters is your husband's.  Brides wear black now, bridesmaids wear black as do mothers of the bride; a love black dress would certainly be appropriate for this occasion.    I've been thinking about a vow renewal myself, we never had one.  We were married in June but I'd like to do our vow renewal around Christmas.  I'd really like a dress like the one that Caitlyn Jenner wore to that awards ceremony.  I've been thinking about it ever since.....