Valued Contributor

I dont get bothered by much but over and over again Doris will say I know how to whatever because Im a doctor  She said it 5 times this morning  I respect the work it took to get that degree but she is a chiropractor  I dont think it qualifies for making makeup  Feel free to tell me if I am wrong

Honored Contributor

After several bad experiences, I stay away from Doris' products.  Period. She makes the worst lipstick I've ever used.  Stays on for a nanosecond. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I don't think you're wrong @mollymaggie but Doris could start every sentence with I'm a Dr & it wouldn't bother me, the only thing I'm concerned with in any makeup line is the ingredients. Be well.

Honored Contributor

There are several utterances by vendors I'm sick of, but I guess they think it helps the product to sell, so complaining about it won't make them stop.  BTW, I hate David's Happy Dance, but do you think he'll now stop doing it?

Honored Contributor

I'm ok with it.  Lots of doctors on shopping channels using it to sell all manner of things.. No worse than all those  celebrity clothing VENDORS claiming to be designers.  When they are not designing anything.  Skilled, trained, professionals are designing the clothes they sell.  But I did buy Doll 10 lipstick a few years ago and I loved it.  

Trusted Contributor

I am currently using her mascara because it has peptides but I don't like it.  It gives lousy coverage and flakes after a few hours.  Little flecks of mascara under my eyes that always seem to find their way into my eyes.  Couldn't take it anymore and threw it out.  I also have her Smooth Assist Restorative Sleep Treatment.  This smells so bad who can sleep after they've put it on?  Also, it's cold on the skin and I don't like that sensation.  When I finally awoke with this smelly product on my face, I saw nothing miraculous to suggest it had a restorative quality.  I hate to throw this in the trash can too but what's the point of it taking up valuable drawer space.  Problem is I bought more than one because it was on sale and touted as something so great I'd be a fool to pass it up.  I've tried putting it on my legs just to find a use for it but still the smell is awful.  Really threw good money away on this brand,  

Trusted Contributor

I understand, she's more of a seasoned salesperson than a doctor.  Her chiropractic degree has nothing to do with lipstick and other stuff she over sells.

Honored Contributor

Up until the last few years, I never heard it once mentioned that she's a doctor.  Now they don't stop saying it.

I own a number of her lipsticks and lip crayons and really like them all.  Her cream blushes were just okay. 

Honored Contributor

@mollymaggie wrote:

I dont get bothered by much but over and over again Doris will say I know how to whatever because Im a doctor  She said it 5 times this morning  I respect the work it took to get that degree but she is a chiropractor  I dont think it qualifies for making makeup  Feel free to tell me if I am wrong

She should not be saying that without a disclaimer that says she's a chiropractor. She is clearly implying she has qualifications that relate to skincare. People are responsible for what they imply and allude to, especially if they are claiming any kind of health expertise.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

There are several utterances by vendors I'm sick of, but I guess they think it helps the product to sell, so complaining about it won't make them stop.  BTW, I hate David's Happy Dance, but do you think he'll now stop doing it?

Really?  I LOVE the happy dance!   In fact, I tune in to his shows just to see it!  

Yes, I have no life---LOL