Valued Contributor

Re: does anyone else like and believe in the paranormal?

Yes...have had many, many "visits" since I was very small

Super Contributor

My mother passed a few weeks ago. While she was in the hospital my sister who is across the country wrote her a letter and in it among other things she asked mom to send her a white feather to let her know she was ok. I reminded mom of the request on her last day and several days ago my sister found her feather.

Coincidence? Most likely but it made my sister feel good.

Honored Contributor

It's possible. I like to watch some shows, not the ghost hunter ones, or the demonic ones, but the others can be interesting.

Honored Contributor

Do any of you think butterflies are past souls? I know some people do think that.

Respected Contributor

Apparently even Houdini couldn't come back.

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 qualitygal said:

Do any of you think butterflies are past souls? I know some people do think that.

I sure do. I brought my granddaughter to the pool the other day. We pulled up, opened the door and I was getting her ready. A beautiful butterfly was flying around and flew right in the car. Then it came right up to my face practically. I was thinking it was my grandmother who I miss something awful. She hung around. When we got back to the car she was still flying around. Flew back in the car once again. I hated to leave! I hope it was her.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Super Contributor

I'm interested in, intrigued by, and believe in most of the paranormal. But then I'm a Pisces (heh), the 12th and last sign of the zodiac, that's also considered to be the most psychic.

I would say most intuitive for me personally, though.

Animals and children, however, are naturally-psychic, as their hearts/souls/very essences are innocent, pure, and true, and always seem to be open to take things in and easily accept them.

It also seems that if you're a person of faith rather than science, and OK with never knowing the answers, then you'e more open-minded than many to the paranormal, as well as to other things with few, if any, explanations.

Honored Contributor

As a Christian I believe that our life on earth is only one phase of the total. I do not think we remain here on earth after death in any form - we die and our spirit moves on to it's next phase. I am not afraid to die because Jesus told us the next thing is so much better than what we have here. I believe earthly life is like a challenge we have to go through to get to the next place, thus I do not fear death but will embrace it when my time comes.

Trusted Contributor

I believe in angels and demons and the 'works' of both sides. The dark ones are extremely crafty---even appearing as 'angels of light', when it suits their agendas. I don't try to explain them or interfere, though all things supernatural are enticing. I think we envy the 'power' as well as fear the unknown, so we just want to KNOW. I also think many in the psychic and ghost hunting businesses exploit these human tendencies to their own profits.

Respected Contributor

On 7/15/2014 happy housewife said:

As a Christian I believe that our life on earth is only one phase of the total. I do not think we remain here on earth after death in any form - we die and our spirit moves on to it's next phase. I am not afraid to die because Jesus told us the next thing is so much better than what we have here. I believe earthly life is like a challenge we have to go through to get to the next place, thus I do not fear death but will embrace it when my time comes.

Great post. This is exactly what the Bible teaches. I used to be fascinated by this kind of stuff but since being enlightened by the Word there's nothing happening in this arena that can't be easily explained. As old fashioned as it may seem to most, my trust is still in Jesus and faith in what He says, not any human's experience or opinion. As Salah says, dark forces can disguise themselves as "angels of light".

Like your comment about embracing death, happy housewife. That peace and assurance is the most wonderful thing to happen to anyone in life.