Frequent Contributor

do you think you're a good cook?

hihi --

i've been wondering about this. i think i'm a good cook, but maybe that's because i mostly only cook for me and therefore cook what i like. but take tonight, f'rinstance. i decided i wanted to make a soup with kale, tomatoes and chickpeas. went on epicurious to look for a recipe, and (surprisingly) found one for a stew with those ingredients.

used that recipe as a guideline, but mostly did what i would have done anyway. then i tweaked it, because it was oddly both harsh and bland. (i think it was the chili powder, which i toned down w/some agave syrup, then added salt and pepper.) i am so happy with the final result. according to me, it's just delicious! but, short of getting in a panel of taste-testers, how would i know?

when i cook for a crowd at Passover i usually get a good reaction (the nasty purple potato kugel was a well deserved exception). and i know i can bake reasonably well. but when it comes to regular food -- what do you think? do you like to cook? is it fun for you to go off on culinary tangents? and how often are you pleased with the results?

bunny. the dangerously complicated rabbit.