Honored Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

The only "message clothing" I wear is for my favorite sports teams.... (Hail To The (NFL) Redskins/NBA Spurs-GO SPURS GO!).............

NFL/Cowboys NBA/ Rockets MLB/HOUTSON ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good reply @Spurt

@beckyb1012

Your teams are rivals of mine, but like to see other sport's fans wear their colors Woman Very Happy

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

No.

Honored Contributor

Wow. Interesting, judgemental replies.

I do have quite a few tee shirts promoting animal sanctuaries I support plus some nursing sayings. Of course, sports garb also. No. I’m not a silly teenager.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

yes, not every day, but i do like and wear them.

i particularly like them when i am at the beach, on the beach, at picnics ,or other very casual events or for running errands. i have a few from the peace, love, world brand. they are so soft and comfortable, especially in the HEAT.

i also have a few from my favorite sports teams AND my childrens colleges. they are great conversation starters......if you are into conversations and being friendly with others. Smiley Wink

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I like to read them on other people....and I've seen them on females of all ages.  However, I don't own any.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Constant confrontation?      Hmm.  

I never liked message or designer names on any of my clothing.   As for sports items with a team name on them ....  isn't it time to grow up?   

@Tinkrbl44

Living in Texas most people ARE sports fans here and we like to show support for our sports teams....loyalty runs deep--whether its high school, college or professional teams...And there are other sports "hot beds" around the country too...

Now as some said---I'm not into messages like: "peace",  "love" "need more sleep", "I love Fridays", "I love vacay", " I love coffee".......Woman Frustrated

@Spurt

Something isn't clear to me .... and I am asking in all sincerity .... NOT being a smart aleck .......   what does it matter if someone wears a team name on their jacket or not?  Just how is that "support"?    Do the teams sell the jackets to make money?   Is that what you mean by support? 

Personally, I don't think the players will perform any better if you have a decal on your jacket ... or play worse if you don't.  JMO

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear my WTTW and WFMT tee shirts proudly, as I'm both a donor and volunteer.

And yes, I sport my White Sox caps and tees, as well ... it's called being a fan; and if that means I'll never grow up ... well, everybody should have a little kid inside themselves ... if so, maybe there wouldn't be so many grumps on here ...

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44

its called team spirit......city spirit......and promotes camaraderie.

it has been around for a very LONG time.....nothing really new.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Constant confrontation?      Hmm.  

I never liked message or designer names on any of my clothing.   As for sports items with a team name on them ....  isn't it time to grow up?   

@Tinkrbl44

Living in Texas most people ARE sports fans here and we like to show support for our sports teams....loyalty runs deep--whether its high school, college or professional teams...And there are other sports "hot beds" around the country too...

Now as some said---I'm not into messages like: "peace",  "love" "need more sleep", "I love Fridays", "I love vacay", " I love coffee".......Woman Frustrated

@Spurt

Something isn't clear to me .... and I am asking in all sincerity .... NOT being a smart aleck .......   what does it matter if someone wears a team name on their jacket or not?  Just how is that "support"?    Do the teams sell the jackets to make money?   Is that what you mean by support? 

Personally, I don't think the players will perform any better if you have a decal on your jacket ... or play worse if you don't.  JMO

@Tinkrbl44

Example--I live in Texas, but my NFL team is based in DC/MD/VA so I'm letting people know that I emotionally support the NFL Redskins when I'm out shopping, or at a restaurant with a group watching the game together, or at a friend's NFL party at their home..Some people fly flags of their sport's teams outside their homes.......It's FUN and I guess you have to be a sport's fan to understand.....

You seem to enjoy reading....so why do you get together in a Book Club and talk about the books you are reading or have read....why do some people talk about gardening, pets, cooking, arts and crafts etc....  It's our HOBBY and it's a bit different because sport's fan wear the colors of their fav team---we show what we like by wearing the clothes not just discussing the team or sport....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

It’s called being a FAN. I have lots of Steeler gear plus some Lakers and Dodgers things.
If you don’t like sports, then you probably don’t get it.