Honored Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

I'm 58 so I don't wear messages plastered on my body parts.  Constant confrontation????  I live in a very civilized part of the country, that type of craziness doesn't happen here.  I only see it on FB.

Valued Contributor

No, I've always said if you want me to advertise for you, pay me. I was around for the peace symbol shirts and never wanted them either. Just plain clothing for me, no team names, no symbols and no ads. And in this day, no names. You don't want some stranger knowing your child's name, or yours for that matter. Today that can mean something bad.

Respected Contributor

Just no. not for me. I don't like framed pictures with sayings on them either. I also wont carry anything (purse) that is too "logo-ized"  either.  

Honored Contributor

Only if it was referring to me being a Grandma and given to me by grandchildren or son or ddil.  Then proudly I would march down the street wearing it

While in high school I did have a bumper sticker on the back of my car in 1978 that said in bold capital letters rhyme with the following:  WITCH/WITCH/WITCH.  I cannot begin to tell you how many people young and old told me how much they like it.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

Constant confrontation?      Hmm.  

I never liked message or designer names on any of my clothing.   As for sports items with a team name on them ....  isn't it time to grow up?   

Esteemed Contributor

I don’t wear any message clothing.  I was trying to think if there’s anything I would consider.  The only thing I might wear would be nature oriented, especially about keeping the trail clean. I have a baseball cap that says, “Leave No Trace”, from the organization with that name that tries to combat litter in parks and camping sites. I guess that is message clothing – ha. 

Hat.png

Esteemed Contributor

@cotton4me

Speaking of message hats, I have recently seen a cap at a farmers market

that reads Coroner.

So horrible to think anybody can buy and wear such trash.

Honored Contributor

The only "message clothing" I wear is for my favorite sports teams.... (Hail To The (NFL) Redskins/NBA Spurs-GO SPURS GO!).............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

The only "message clothing" I wear is for my favorite sports teams.... (Hail To The (NFL) Redskins/NBA Spurs-GO SPURS GO!).............

NFL/Cowboys NBA/ Rockets MLB/HOUTSON ASTROS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good reply @Spurt

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Constant confrontation?      Hmm.  

I never liked message or designer names on any of my clothing.   As for sports items with a team name on them ....  isn't it time to grow up?   

@Tinkrbl44

Living in Texas most people ARE sports fans here and we like to show support for our sports teams....loyalty runs deep--whether its high school, college or professional teams...And there are other sports "hot beds" around the country too...

Now as some said---I'm not into messages like: "peace",  "love" "need more sleep", "I love Fridays", "I love vacay", " I love coffee".......Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”