Honored Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

[ Edited ]

I have two Boston Red Sox t's-one from the championship and one just because. 

I've worn them to the gym in Texas Ranger territory.  Amazing how many people came up to me and were Bosox fans.

I don't mind what t-shirts people wear; most are sports related or concert related or specific marathon related for worthy causes.

What I do mind is people having sodas thrown in their faces over a hat. 

I'm just sayin'.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

No way!  I just don't care for it.  OK, so I need to be honest here.  You can't see me but I'm sitting here in my TV room in front of my computer typing.....and I'm wearing a T-Shirt (from QVC) that says, (wait, I have to look at it)....it says, "worry less, laugh more".  

It's a QVC top I bought.  I had to take the thing off to read the print AND the label.  It's called Anybody.

I never pay attention to what they say.  It's important to me that it is a specific material.  I NEVER wear things like this out of my house.

I dress like I'm going to work (which I don't work...that is) and this isn't the look I go for.

But it's very, very comfortable and light!  The minute I reach my door, I start taking off all of the jewelry I wear out (I look like Mr. T), all of the clothes I wear out and put on my HOME clothes.  Sometimes I look like a homeless person.

Really, everything I eat ends up on my top (dribble).  Chocolate ice cream bars are my favorite (those buggers really drip).

Anyway, I've always done that (change clothes).  Usually it must be cotton clothes at home, but these Anybody tops are amazing!

I have others with writing but if you were threatening to drop me in a well if I didn't tell you what was written on them......I'd have to say, "go ahead and drop me because I have no idea what they say".  Ha!

It's just a matter of choice.  I don't bust on those who do wear them out....

Respected Contributor

Never. Ever.

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

Yes I wear them..I like them..some of my favorite T shirts....“I may be old, but I got to see all the good bands”.....”National Sarcasm Society, Like we need your support”....” Nobody knows what I do, until I stop doing it”.....

kind of like wearable bumper stickers.....

@Mothertrucker

I’m not a fan of bumper stickers either.

Honored Contributor

The only "message" clothing I wear are tee shirts:  Photo of cairn terrier with breed name and Photo of Keeshond with breed name. 

I never wear a shirt with a controversial message.  Too many crazies out there.  Smiley Sad

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

Here's is a message shirt on an 80 year old woman.  Well?

80 year old message shirt.jpg

@newname0  The outfit is definitely not my style.

I agree that she can wear whatever she wants; it isn't an issue of age but an issue that this get up is just plain fugly.

To YOU. Not to her. She is hurting no one in her choice of fashion.

@RainCityWoman  I didn't say she was hurting others.  Plus this is a model shoot, not somebody walking down the street.

Big difference.

Who's the model?  Not that I would care if it was a model or regular person without cameras. But is she somebody we all should know???

Honored Contributor

I have the National Sarcasm one!
Respected Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@bathina wrote:

I really don't care. Do u?

LOLOLOLOL. Be best!

Ha! Guess those t-shirts are going straight to the Salvation Army. What a waste of time.

Respected Contributor

Y

@spiderw wrote:

Ladybug724

Thank you !  My girlfriend and I were friends for over 55 yrs.  While we didn't always agree on everything we always respected each other's feelings, emotions and beliefs.  She was a wonderful mother and in fact just today I had lunch with her two grown children and two granddaughters.  She and her husband did a wonderful job of raising these children and their personalities reflect it.  I am very close to them and when my girlfriend was in the hospital I was there with them for support.  Having them in my life is like still having my girlfriend with me and I think they feel the same about me in their lives..  I know she is at peace.

You both sound like wonderful people.  How blessed you were to have her in your life, and certainly she was blessed to have had you!  It sounds like you and your families became one big extended family.  God bless!

Honored Contributor

@sandy53 wrote:

I wear several "Life is Good" brand t-shirts and like the sentiment.  I also wear various logo clothing from my favorite outdoor entertainment venue here at our lake resort area.  People have commented on those shirts when my DH and I have vacationed out of the country.  

I have a Life is Good tee on right now.  The shirts are so comfortable.  I look for the more subtle ones as far as the message goes.