Respected Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

@newname0 wrote:

IMO I don't think older women should wear message clothing.  This pic is of a 70 year old personal trainer.

70 year old message shirt.jpg

She looks fantastic! I'm not anywhere near her age and I'd be thrilled to be that strong and toned! 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Trusted Contributor

Here's is a message shirt on an 80 year old woman.  Well?

80 year old message shirt.jpg

Honored Contributor

Where can I find one of those "talking" t-shirts??  Smiley Tongue

Hopefully the "Juicy" logo on rear ends won't start talking-those pants "say" enough.  lmao

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

Oh, c'mon! That's an awful look no matter WHO is wearing it. The entire package would look terrible on a 20 year old. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

Ladybug724

Thank you !  My girlfriend and I were friends for over 55 yrs.  While we didn't always agree on everything we always respected each other's feelings, emotions and beliefs.  She was a wonderful mother and in fact just today I had lunch with her two grown children and two granddaughters.  She and her husband did a wonderful job of raising these children and their personalities reflect it.  I am very close to them and when my girlfriend was in the hospital I was there with them for support.  Having them in my life is like still having my girlfriend with me and I think they feel the same about me in their lives..  I know she is at peace.

Honored Contributor

I would not wear the "feel good' or preachy type catch all phrases they put on clothing. I would wear a shirt that said something about coffee, but only at home, would not wear it in public.

Esteemed Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

@newname0 wrote:

Oh, c'mon! That's an awful look no matter WHO is wearing it. The entire package would look terrible on a 20 year old. 

At 80 she has earned the right to wear Doc Martins or anything else she chooses. In fact, she can dye her hair purple, and I'd applaud her. All that matters is that SHE likes it. You go girl, you edgy octogenarian!

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

No

Honored Contributor

@newname0 wrote:

@newname0  The outfit is definitely not my style.

I agree that she can wear whatever she wants; it isn't an issue of age but an issue that this get up is just plain fugly.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Trusted Contributor

No