Honored Contributor

Re: do you like/wear message clothing?

I have many tee shirts with writing on them covering a multitude of subjects and also have a lot of Yankee baseball tees.  I wore them all often but do not as much any more.  I see nothing wrong with them unless they are vulgar.  We should be allowed to express how we feel but in this day and age you might offend someone.  We all can't agree but we should respect the right to express ourselves with decency and dignity. 

My late best friend was a gourmet cook , she loved to experiment and try so many different foods and desserts.  She was a house wife and raised two children until they were old enough for her to get a job, her choice.  I bought her a tee shirt with Domestic Slave written on it as a joke and everyone thought it funny, especially my friend.  It was not done to offend or disrespect and everyone knew it since our friendship was so close.  She passed not long ago and I have a picture of her in that tee shirt smiling while cooking at the stove. It brings me back to those days of fun and happiness and of mutual respect.

Honored Contributor

NO

Honored Contributor

Don't care for them and don't wear them... At all...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

the last time i wore a message tee shirt I got thrown out of Walmart...

Respected Contributor

Don't want people reading my chest.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think it’s common now to wear message clothing these days.  I like to wear my  Alabama shirts (especially on game day ).  I also like Life is Good clothing.  I used to be very against wearing items with company logo’s like Nike, Polo, etc. on them... I felt like I was paying them to advertise for them.  So, I guess I’m against status clothing, but dont mind items that project what I’m thinking.

Esteemed Contributor

No sayings,but I wear a Mercy for Animals tee (a great charity) and my Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee tshirt another wonderful charity.  No others.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Personally, I can take them or leave them. I have bought items when in a foreign country or at rock concerts and I for sure have alma mater tees. I definitely wear my Scotland sweatshirt because it's my ancestry. My rock concert tees show my age I guess: Bon Jovi, Aerosmith, Queen, etc. Mainly, though I consider whatever message I wear to be my right, and NOBODY better mess with me if I am wearing it. Sometimes a message shirt can bring people together as well, though. I was in a restaurant in Nova Scotia wearing my University of Washington tee, and a guy from a few booths down came over. He wanted to ask about a site he hadn't yet seen, and when he saw our tees, he felt comfortable enough to come over to our table because he too was a Washingtonian.

Esteemed Contributor

@zitawins wrote:

Don't like them; don't wear them. I refuse to let a t-shirt tell me how to feel.

??? How is an inanimate object telling you how to feel, especially if you yourself put it on and chose to bear the message?????

Frequent Contributor

@RainCityWoman wrote:

@zitawins wrote:

Don't like them; don't wear them. I refuse to let a t-shirt tell me how to feel.

My shirts don’t talk to me.  Ever.