Esteemed Contributor

Re: do you have an AMAZON alexa device?

[ Edited ]

I don't have an Alexa device and no interest in getting one. I don't see the point of it unless one is disabled and has difficulty getting around. Alexa could help out then, but otherwise it's just a convenience and not really needed. I can do things on my various computers without an Alexa. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Respected Contributor

I have an AMazon tablet but turned ALEXA off.  Too invasive for me and I am partly old school so I do not see the need.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nope I don't have Alexa and never will--- too intrusive on many levels and then you hear stories about employees listening in...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Hmmmmm24 wrote:

I have Echo's and Dots in almost every room. I use them mostly for timers to feed my 2 cats since I don't free-feed them. My cats are so intelligent they look at the Echo screens, the last 10 seconds before the timer goes off a white dot goes back & forth across the screen. They can be looking at it from across the room and they run towards the Echo and tap it with their paws. I also use the Echo as an alarm clock. I don't use them for ordering from Amazon, though.

@Hmmmmm24 

That's funny about your cats 🐈 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Amazon will give your overworked delivery driver $5 if you ask Alexa to say thank you (msn.com)

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

Amazon will give your overworked delivery driver $5 if you ask Alexa to say thank you (msn.com)

I wonder if Amazon charges $5.00 to your credit card, or do they pay for it themselves.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

I wonder if Amazon charges $5.00 to your credit card, or do they pay for it themselves.

@ValuSkr 

Amazon will pay about $5.1 million to workers through this promotion.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

via yahoo news......

Amazon customers in the US will be able to thank their delivery drivers this holiday season with a $5 tip paid directly by the retail giant.

For drivers to receive the bonus, customers need to say “Alexa, thank my driver” to their Alexa-enabled device following the delivery.

The tips will go to the first 1 million drivers to receive thanks in this way from 7 December, with the five drivers receiving the most customer “thank-yous” also receiving an additional $10,000.

“Each thank you received from customers, drivers will receive an additional $5, at no cost to the customer,” Amazon said in a blog post announcing the feature.

Esteemed Contributor

I have a few devices and there is no doubt that Alexa turns on without the code word.  I've seen it many times.  I think you need to unplug the devices to truly turn it off.   

Respected Contributor

Count me in as a No and Never.