Honored Contributor

Re: depglass- has anyone seen her posting anywhere lately?

Wha???

Honored Contributor

Hi depglass! MANY thanks for answering me.

We are SWAMPED with glass!! 3 or 4 relatives including my own wonderful mom,left us huge old kitchen fulls of glass in daily use, and fancy glass for holidays, ordinations, First Communions, and so on.

I'm sending a load of it to a nice local thrift shop tomorrow. Hopefully they'll make something on it.

I have some though, that I'm keeping. 

My MIL had a beautiful set of pink dogwood and another set of white American Sweetheart. I also have a pitcher that was in one of the Gene Florence book as a "rarity".

Right now i'm tired out just opening boxes. Nice to see some old friends though, that were packed away when we moved 16 years ago.

Respected Contributor

Violann,  Enjoy your favorite pieces on a daily basis--that's what I do regardless of whether there is potential value.

Occasionally they will break but you will get so many memories and so much pleasure from them! 

Respected Contributor

I can't offer any help on the glass itself, but here's something that might help anyone interested in using Craigslist.

Some of our local Police Departments have started programs regarding Craigslist, where they have set up an area in their parking lot that is designated for craigslist (and craigslist type) sales.  Even before that, I always set meetings with strangers at my local PD figuring there is a lot of activity with police officers coming and going and multiple security cameras.  Doubtful anyone with criminal intentions would show up there, and the worse that would happen would be you wasted some time waiting on them.

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana

Thank you!  That is one of the best tips I have received !  The police station is a few blocks from me, as we are in a small town.  I don't do Craigslist, but was thinking about it.  This is a great idea!

Shoe

Trusted Contributor

Use what you have, enjoy it. You will know when its right to let them go. Glass pieces with a story are so devalued these days. I do agree if they no longer bring you joy then discard them. I have purchased some glass from eBay although would not even consider using Craigs List because of the horror stories. I also agree with the poster who said to donate them to a worthwhile charity for resale. Get a detailed receipt for tax purposes.

Honored Contributor

@Zita wrote:

@depglass   Please use a larger font size. Not worth straining my eyes to read your post.

@I'm not sure what you're seeing, but the font on @depglass's post is larger than the other posts on this thread.....???

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Wha???

@Lucky Charm

I'll second that!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Zita. Re your post about the font on Depglas post. It is fine. In fact it is bigger than yours. Check your Device.

Honored Contributor

She had a posting in Electronics on 10/27/15.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."