Valued Contributor

Re: So I'm having a procedure tomorrow

This post has been removed by QVC. Unfriendly to original poster.

Trusted Contributor

I find it interesting that many posters here believe that Surfk is a woman.  What makes you think that?

Esteemed Contributor

If hospitals and people waiting for results? From where I've been, and still go on a regular basis, I don't find humor in any of this OP thread.

I see nothing funny or humorous during my regular visits to The Cancer Center(I suppose the OP would see humor in woman keeping their heads covered) because of chemo?

I have a dry sense of humor, however it is not directed at a persons appearance at some type of medical facility. My brushes with death along with many weeks at different times in a hospital, are not my place of looking for humor.

Guess I'll know 1 persons type of humor, but no thank you!

@Moonchilde wrote:
In order to enjoy surfk's posts, one needs a sense of humor. No sense of humor=not getting or enjoying her many amusing posts.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Lovethesea wrote:

I find it interesting that many posters here believe that Surfk is a woman.  What makes you think that?

Because she said she owns a tiara: http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/N-A/td-p/1947389

Woman LOL

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

I would imagine that anyone wearing a shirt like that would want and expect a reaction - and probably would expect to be talked about.  And would be man enough to anticipate all sorts of repercussions.

People are supposed to notice.  That's why he wore the shirt.

Esteemed Contributor

I really have to say that I have a hard time understanding why some of you have decided to so harshly critique surfk's post. Smiley Sad

I think she was trying to be light-hearted, and kidding around while telling us she is having a medical procedure. If you read between the lines, it's obvious she was worried about it and trying to distract herself.

Boy, talk about kicking someone while they are down......geez

hard eye roll.jpeg

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Trusted Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@Lovethesea wrote:

Because she said she owns a tiara: http://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/N-A/td-p/1947389

Woman LOL

LOL!!!  Not enough proof for me.  Bruce Jenner could have also owned a tiara...

Just a thought.

Honored Contributor

I hope you are recovering and relatively pain free. I enjoyed your observations although I like the T shirt. It could have said - I'm with stupid with a finger pointing to the side. The wife would then have to always watch which side she was sitting.

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry, I have so many t-shirts with writing on them that most times, at most, I might look for a specific color, not what it depics on the front or back. While much of my upper body apparal has designs and/or writing on them, I do not wear them to illicit notice to the piece of clothing or myself.

If that " was my thing "?  A hospital or medical facility would not be a place that k think would draw much attention. Most people in these places usually are so concerned about themselves, or a loved one, the are pretty much impervious to what is written or displayed on a man's piece of clothing.

@GingerPeach wrote:

I would imagine that anyone wearing a shirt like that would want and expect a reaction - and probably would expect to be talked about.  And would be man enough to anticipate all sorts of repercussions.

People are supposed to notice.  That's why he wore the shirt.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

John, you are correct.  I suppose it's true that men don't wear clothes to elicit attention (illicit or otherwise!).  Woman Wink

I was not looking at his apparel from that man's point of view.   Thank you for pointing that out.

Nevertheless, I read surfk's narrative as if it were a magazine essay, or something similar.  I do not believe it was meant as much more than a distraction from the procedure tomorrow (or today if in a more easterly time zone).