Frequent Contributor

Clarks are my go to shoe...I do have narrow feet and heels so finding a shoe that fits is a challenge.  Good luck in your quest!

Honored Contributor

Cute goes out the window,when your feet hurt,go with comfort.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if Hotter brand shoes would work.  I get their catalogs and they look very comfortable.  I know people have mentioned them in the past as being comfortable.  I don't know if something like these would work if you want something that will stay on the foot but not a tie-up shoe.  They come in a mulititude of colors.  They have a lot of other styles too. I would post a link but I don't think we can.   

Respected Contributor

Re: cute walking shoes

[ Edited ]

I'm surprised at some of the suggestions here....Isaac moccasins?  Unless you are 17 years of age, they would not be good.  My opinion here, Sketchers are not a quality comfort shoe either. Nor are sandals going to properly support the foot.

If you look cute in your outfit but are in foot pain, it's just not going to be fun. 

Edited to add: didn't you see the Modern Family episode in which Gloria wears high heels to Disneyland?  She ended up buying and wearing Mickey Mouse slippers.

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

IMO, Skechers GoWalks don't have enough support for walking, but they're OK for casual wear, running errands, etc.  

I find that my GoWalk2s are great for walking - and I do power walking. 

Respected Contributor

Re: cute walking shoes

[ Edited ]

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I'm surprised at some of the suggestions here....Isaac moccasins?  Unless you are 17 years of age, they would not be good.  My opinion here, Sketchers are not a quality comfort shoe either. Nor are sandals going to properly support the foot.

If you look cute in your outfit but are in foot pain, it's just not going to be fun. 

It's a very personal preference based on one's own body requirements.

Good quality sandals with instep support works very well for me as do Skechers Go Walks.

It is a fallacy to make broad, sweeping statements about what works  for everyone.

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

I can recall when everyone on this board was going on & on about how comfortable Biorkenstocks were on the feet and how great to walk in etc etc etc. I wore them one time to the podiatrist and he had a coniption fit !!!! He told me if I had something else to wear home he would throw them away right then but instead I was to go home and put them immediately into the trash.OK then. So just because something is comfortable - heck barefoot is t5he most comfortable - doesn't mean it is giving your foot the support it requires. 

I had a very cute and very comfortable pair of Rykas I wore all summer last year and by the time we got home in the fall my one foot was in terrible pain - it was those shoes. Now I had acute tendonitis, had to spend a ton of $ on meds and PT and insoles and doctor appts. and suffered all winter with it.  Forget about cute - that is absolutely secondary to function.

Honored Contributor

I bought a really cute pair of Sketchers in a floral bloom print at kohls--many compliments--lightweight and comfy.  I also like Sketchers Go Walks in the bright colors!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"