Super Contributor

My husband and I want to make a short trip first of December no children. We have a Disney cruise to Bahamas booked 3 days. Now I am wondering if we should do Disney World. It will be over a Fridat Saturday Sunday so wondering about crowds.

Any advise. I just am on the fence. My husband says it is  up to me. We can do SArasta Springs for same amount as cruise.

Trusted Contributor

Re: cruise or Disney

[ Edited ]

Not sure if this is any indication of how the whole month of December is at Disneyworld, but I went on a business trip with my ex once two weeks before Christmas and the place was literally dead.  It was wonderful if you don't want to fight crowds and wait in line for rides!  Seems like we arrived on a weekend and saw the Christmas parade, which was quite crowded, but beyond that, no significant people.  In fact, we were staying on Disney property and there were many times I caught the bus from/to the hotel where no one but me was aboard.  I wouldn't hesitate to go back at that time of year again!

Oh, forgot to mention that we left the weekend before Christmas and the whole airport was crowded with people coming IN for the holiday.

Honored Contributor

Two things I would NEVER want to do-a cruise and Disneyland. I'm no help at all.

Respected Contributor

Re: cruise or Disney

[ Edited ]

I was talked into a Disney cruise by a friend and found it rather boring.  I really enjoy Epcot and the Animal Kingdom Parks quite a bit more.

The weeks between Thanksgiving and around Dec 15th are usually not crowded and if the weather cooperates, it is a good time to visit DW.  Sometimes there is a cold snap (Nov/Dec.) but sometimes it is still sweltering.  When DW _is_ cold it's freezing, though this has only happened to me twice in many, many visits.

I guess the cruise would be worse if there were still cold weather.  What I didn't like about the Disney cruise:  the lines and the "meh" buffets and standard food [different names for the dishes, but they were all almost the same every night, bland], as well as the long lines to debark when in port.  I was talking a long re-positioning ctuise through the Panama Canal, but the ship didn't even stop in Panama City! 

I found cruising too cocooned and divorced from the places being visited.  On the plus side, the ship had a great gym with a beautiful view and the pace was very relaxing. The ship I was on, the Disney Magic, is beautiful.  Sort of retro. 

Contributor

Do a Disney cruise AND Disney World! Better yet, do two cruises, back to back! We used to go to the parks and discovered that it is actually cheaper just to do one of their cruises, so no more parks for us! As a matter of fact, pin 59 days we are going to do a eastbound Panama Canal cruise with Disney, our 9th with them! Last summer we did westbound Panama Canal, and then we did Alaska! To die for! Love, love, love Disney cruises! 

Esteemed Contributor

I did Disney World in February with 5 girlfriends - it was the best winter vacation - we had a blast - no crowds, no lines, I would definitely go again in an "off" season. Can't help with the cruise as I've never done it - but if it involves a lot of kids, I probably would not even consider it. My opinion only!!

Honored Contributor

Neither.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I would do the cruise, only because I have done Disney 3 times with kids, and while we loved it, with no kids, I would rather do a cruise!

Honored Contributor

Another vote for neither.

Respected Contributor

Why Disney cruise with no children?   I would choose a different cruise line.