Honored Contributor

Until HSN improves their product mix, their camera work, and even their hosts, I don't care at all what gimmicks they use to try to attract me.

When they improve, maybe I'll shop there -  but just as with QVC, I'll use a credit card I already have.  I see no reason to carry more credit than I already do.  That's just one more thing to keep track of -  and one more thing that adds nothing extra to my life.

Although I never bought into Dave Ramsay's "pay cash for everything" philosophy, I do agree with him sort of -  but just to the extent I don't chase lots of cards -  and charge only what I can pay off when that bill arrives.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarpleIf HSN had forums, they'd know from me that they have to offer way more than gimmicks to get my money. I have no idea what an "average" customer spends, but I do know that my zero dollars spent at HSN in the last decade have certainly not contributed to their growth.

Meanwhile, QVC need only look at my monthly EZPay line-up to measure their success.  I don't pay off the balances because they act as a brake for me to consider what I'm buying, but I use every item I buy and can't find them elsewhere.  That's what counts for me.

Honored Contributor

@quick cooking momwrote:

@Lipstickdivawrote:

When I opened my Q card last year, I rec'd a $20.00 credit.

Hi,

Can I ask how long it took for you to get that $20.00 credit?  I opened one 2/9, and they had a $15.00 credit offer for opening an account, but so far, I see nothing to that effect on my Q card account.  Thanks for any help!

@quick cooking mom, I don't know when the credit actually hit my account because I wasn't checking for it.  I know when I got my first statement, the credit was there.

Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

@quick cooking momwrote:

@Lipstickdivawrote:

When I opened my Q card last year, I rec'd a $20.00 credit.

Hi,

Can I ask how long it took for you to get that $20.00 credit?  I opened one 2/9, and they had a $15.00 credit offer for opening an account, but so far, I see nothing to that effect on my Q card account.  Thanks for any help!

@quick cooking mom, I don't know when the credit actually hit my account because I wasn't checking for it.  I know when I got my first statement, the credit was there.

Well that's good to know it will most likely be before the first statement.  I wanted to pay it off right away, but I wanted to wait for the credit before doing so.  Thanks much!

Honored Contributor

@noodleannwrote:

@Just Bling wrote:

Aren't QVC and HSN owned by the same parent company too?

"QVC is owned by Liberty Interactive Corporation, which was formerly known as Liberty Media Corporation, and HSN is owned by Home Shopping Network, Inc."

GIYF.

QVC's parent co. bought HSN last year:

NEW YORK -- QVC and Home Shopping Network, two of the best-known home-shopping hubs, are merging in a $2.6 billion deal as they try to retain consumers who are rapidly shifting to internet-based retail.

Liberty Interactive (QVCA), which owns QVC and already owns 38 percent of HSN, will buy the rest of Home Shopping Network for about $2.6 billion in a stock deal. That would make the combined network the third-biggest in the U.S. by sales, behind Amazon (AMZN) and Walmart (WMT). 

The move is a play to compete with the two largest online retailers at a time that home-shopping network sales are dropping. According to eMarketer, sales in that industry have fallen 2.9 percent in the U.S. and 2.3 percent globally between 2011 and 2016. Amazon, which has been growing aggressively, dominates the online shopping space.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/qvc-buys-hsn-to-battle-amazon/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Chellegawrote:

Your competior automatically adds your new credit card to your profile so you can shop immediatley with your new card.  PLUS you also get a $10 credit for opening a credit card.  Do you offer this?  You lost a sale tomight.

@Chellega  It’s been pointed out to me that Q is not a secure site. In light of this of so much hacking lately, I’ve wiped all sites clear that were holding any credit card info.

Honored Contributor

Re: credit card

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom, I saw that the news source was CBS news.  I cannot believe the way these news sources throw out terms that are incorrect.

They indicate in the article that QVC and HSN merged.  That isn't the case.  There is still an HSN and a QVC.  If they merged, there would be one surviving entity.  Now maybe that will happen eventually, who knows.

I've also seen other sources that said QVC bought HSN. Again, that is not what happened. 

I can't believe news  sources cannot even get things right to report them.