Esteemed Contributor

Re: covid video demonstration of how droplets travel with/without masks

Thanks @pitdakota .  @hckynut had requested to see a video.  Mine had a dummy couhing, yours shows an actual person speaking.  I think your video at https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMc2007800  addresses @hckynut 's question fairly well.  Hope @hckynut, you find it helpful.

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

If you can imagine a person filled with smoke, endless smoke, and whenever they would breathe, talk, sneeze, cough or sing then you'd be able to see it coming out of their mouth and nose. The louder or faster they do that then the more smoke would come out. That's how the virus acts...it's like smoke but invisible.

@SilleeMee  The entire concept of "coming out of their mouth and nose" is why masks are essential! We protect others from 'us'.

I wish the people who walk around with their mask covering only their mouth understood this!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 

Same thing here - Wellness Center is hospital owned so they're very careful, I imagine.  But until I get word that they have installed some kind of super air purifier system, I won't feel safe going back.  And I so miss it!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett