Esteemed Contributor

I guess this is a rant. Back last spring and summer, someone  was breaking in vehichles, garages, also stole livestock- up on this mountain where I live.  Several items were stolen, actually, over 30 police reports were filed. Well, the cops finally caught this guy and he has been in jail ever since. He is suppose to have a trial in January. His girlfriend lives 3 houses from me. 

He has been released. He was suppose to have a 75,000 bond, but we have been told that due to the severe covid outbreak in the local jail, they have let out several and he is one of them. 

Seems like this covid just affects so many different aspects of our lives.

Honored Contributor

Re: covid and the local jail

[ Edited ]

Happening all over the country.  Nothing new since March.  Not only city jails but prisons too!

Just think......Your  neighbor is just ONE person that YOU know about.  You really do not who among the town folks was released from jail or prison because of COVID outbreaks.

I find it curious that most towns have maps that shows you where released pedophiles live including their address & photos but no maps of released imates from COVID infected jails & prisons.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Esteemed Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Happening all over the country.  Nothing new since March.  Not only city jails but prisons too!

Just think......Your  neighbor is just ONE person that YOU know about.  You really do not who among the town folks was released from jail or prison because of COVID outbreaks.

I find it curious that most towns have maps that shows you where released pedophiles live including their address & photos but no maps of released imates from COVID infected jails & prisons.

I didn't realize it was going on all over the country. I'd heard of a few places, but didn't know it was such a common thing.

Nope, you are right- there is no telling who all has been released. I'm glad I have a security system, that all I know. 

I happened to look on our county's inmate roster and the 48 hour release because I just like to see who is in there, and thats how I saw it. 

The two neighbors that I know, who had things missing when this guy was on the prowl, had no idea he was out. 

Trusted Contributor

It seems no matter the crime, it is considered inhumane to let prisoners die in jail from covid-19 and now that I see it in print, I think I agree....but not for the most heinous of society. 

Honored Contributor

@happycat   This is the "new" normal.  Get use to it.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I don't thing prisons release prisoners convicted of crimes that injured another person; no murderers, rapists, assaulters.  Usually relatively petty or properly crimes. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Our local jail will not allow prisoners visitors. They are not releasing them. Lawyers must talk to them on phone or some such stuff. I am not on a city. Am in the suburbs.

Honored Contributor

So he was going to get out on bond before his trial anyway? Seems like the same result, just without the money tie to show up at trial.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

Looking at it from the other side....employees are being exposed and getting sick.  And they can spread to the community.  So we all may actually be safer with lower infections and crowding.

Not saying that I like it.....

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

So he was going to get out on bond before his trial anyway? Seems like the same result, just without the money tie to show up at trial.

Except none of us thought he would get out, as he was going to have to come up with 7500.00 and we didn't think that was very much of a posibility. Guess it didn't have to be.