Respected Contributor

how when replying to someone in particular, you highlight the @namehere?  I tried adding color, but it just made my text that color. sorry, not the brightest bulb in this area. 

TIA

Honored Contributor

Re: could someone explain to me

@kittyloo  If you do the @kittyloo, click the name like I just did, it populates the specific person you're wishing to speak with directly.  If you don't then your post is just out there in the list of others. Am I understanding your question?

Respected Contributor

It happens to me too. Would like to know how.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Does my name show up blue here? @SilleeMee

I'm using default settings. I think if you change settings, either the font size or text color,  then the blue color seen in this post won't be visible. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittyloo, Are you asking about the way the website highlights an "@ + nickname" in a blue-green color to indicate a hyperlink in some cases?   

This happens automatically if we accept the default text style  (if we  do not customize  the font size, family, color, etc.).   

However, if we make changes to the font style, the the website software's universal default color for the "@nickname" goes away.

Examples -- in all 3 cases, the "@nickame" is a hyperlink (you can tell by clicking on it):

In this case, @kittyloo, I'm using the website default text with no font style changes.

In this case, @kittyloo,  I increased the size of the text to 3 but didn't alter anything else.

In this case, @kittyloo,  I increased the size to 3 and also changed the color.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@kittyloo this is a test.  I didn't know how to do this.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittyloo, There's a forum near the top of the menu meant to help answer those pesky

"How do I ..." questions.

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Welcome-Get-Started/bd-p/getting_started

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Duck wrote:

@kittyloothis is a test.  I didn't know how to do this.

@Lucky Duck,  If the "@nickname" works to create a hyperlink and to generate a notification for the other poster, you can click/tap on the "@nickname" and you'll be redirected to that person's profile.   

If you click/tap on the "@nickname" and nothing happens, that means it was converted to plain text and did not create an alert for the poster.   

Yours worked just fine!😊   You'll note that her nickname did not highlight in a blue-green color because you changed the font size of your text.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Super Contributor

@dooBdoothanks.  I think I got it!

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Duck wrote:

@dooBdoothanks.  I think I got it!

You're welcome, @Lucky Duck!   Yes, you got it!

thumbs up gif