Esteemed Contributor

Re: connie craig carroll and robin wall both leaving hsn

Retailers' forecasts for the rest of the year aren't good as new tariffs on items made in China kick in that is going to affect every retailer's bottom line negatively. Thus you are seeing the cost cutting measures of buyouts and layoffs happening. TV shopping isn't immune and they probably have a lot of exposure to those tariffs since most of what is sold on shopping networks is made in China.

I wouldn't be surprised if Qurate ends up closing HSN in the future.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Evine goes into bankruptcy.

Honored Contributor

I also had no idea Connie and her hubby were not together. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ahh, sorry to read this. Over the years I have watched and purchased more items from HSN and enjoy the hosts more. Brett and Connie especially, along with Colleen and Bobbie.  I too believe Qurate is ruining HSN. I don't think this company values HSN as much as it does QVC. More then likely they think that shopping channel is expendable It isn't doing so great with QVC either! Poor business decisions, not keeping up with the times. Long shipping dates, poor Customer Service, annoying, unwatchable hosts, the list goes on and on for QVC. TPTB aren't doing well and it is showing in their sales. They have to cut costs across the board and hosts are among those cost cuts. I wish Robin, Connie and Brett all the best and know they will land on their feet.

Honored Contributor

@10sluvr wrote:

my employer offered employees with xx amout of years, a buy out/retirement package, this past spring. it was a cost cutting move and a great deal, for those that wanted out, for what ever reason. it was just an offer and not mandatory. maybe something like this is going on, to cut cost.

@10sluvr 

That's how I retired in 1991 when I was 52. Worked 33 years and had I turned down the buyout?  I basically would have been working for less than $2 per hour, by staying on. Left with my health insurance in tact, so!!!

I figured that my being a "Jack of a few popular grades", if I wanted to "work" I could easily find a job paying more than $2 per hour.

What I  did was turn my "business/hobby(hockey what else?)" into supplementary income. Still about 10 years from accepting Social Security, but did, and am still doing  just fine. Never punched another clock, which I started doing when I  was 12, again and worked FOR no one.

Never looked or look back. One of my best decision ever!

hckynut

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Wow!  Robin announced today she'll be leaving tomorrow.  One day notice.

Connie and Brett Chukerman next month.

What's going on at QVC-HSN?  Three more good hosts leaving around the same time?

Looks like I will not be watching much more.  EITHER CHANNEL.

Super Contributor

@hckynut   The American enterpreneur is alive and well...good for you!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Very sorry to hear about Brett. He wasn't there that long. I liked Connie too. I don't watch HSN that much (or any of them really) Mostly as a time waster if nothing else is on or during commercials to see what's on. Once Colleen leaves, I agree. FORGET IT. I'd be fine with Shannon leaving, but she'll probably be the last one to leave! LOL.

Wonder how much longer Mary Beth will stay on the Q? I think she may be the next to leave.  She's been there longer than anyone except I think, Jane.

Honored Contributor

Robin, I didn't know too well, but Connie Craig Carroll was one of my favorites on HSN. Not that I watch that often, but when I do watch, she sounds a lot like one of the newer QVC hosts with her slight cute Southern Accent.....

I truly believe that the companies are offering them very good packages, I work for a Fortune 500 company and several years ago, they got rid of about 150 people and they were all mostly longtime employees(20 or more years) and they offered them great packages to "retire" early.......

I will really miss Connie and hope to see her in the future, maybe she could go work for Adrienne Arpel.....

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I also had no idea Connie and her hubby were not together. 

@Shelbelle . I didn't know it for a fact, but I suspected it as I never saw her with that gorgeous wedding ring on anymore.....Not that that is always a sign, but more often than not it is....This has been well over  a year now.

Honored Contributor

I think Robin looks like Colleen.