Contributor

Re: connie craig carroll and robin wall both leaving hsn

I read somewhere that Bobbie Ray Carter and Colleen Lopez own quite a bit of stock (shares) in HSN.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:
Robin started off as a model on HSN then transitioned to a host. She isn't the first they've done that with but she lasted the longest. HSN goes through a ton of hosts. It's like a revolving door there. They come and go so fast, many don't even know they were there.

@Lipstickdiva  I don't remember her as a model but then again, I never watched fashion shows. That would make sense since she met her HSN husband on the job. I don't keep up or track of careers but I do remember the vitriol in the threads about her. Never had an issue and never commented about her until now. I will say you didn't realize how tall she was until she stood next to not only vendors but all the other female hosts. I wish her well. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I read that HSN's sales have been down so it makes sense to offer packages to some of the hosts!  They probably want new blood at lower salaries to boost the network!

Trusted Contributor

I was doing a little looking about this subject on the HSN boards and it’s surprising how some blame QVC for this happening. It has felt like we are rivals, in a certain sense. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So far, I am not impressed with the new company that bought QVC and HSN.  Too many changes that don’t make sense, especially the mass hiring of new hosts only to have them last a very short time.  The host job has a huge learning curve and these new hosts are not given a chance to develop roots with customers and vendors.  Like it or not, the shopping channel model of a stable host staff that developed ‘friendships’ with their customers worked.  Of course we all knew that they weren’t our real friends, but the friendship aspect of the hosts sharing bits and pieces of their personal lives, etc., made for a very pleasant and unique shopping experience that you did not get in brick and mortar stores.  Now I rarely tune in to any channel as I don’t get that warm and fuzzy family vibe any longer with the current business model.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I wonder if QVCandHSN are offering voluntary separation packages to long term employees. it just seems strange that so many show hosts are leaving around the same time. I am just thinking that there might be a decent incentive offered to them to convince them to leave.

That would certainly explain a lot. The newer hosts would be offered a smaller benefit/package.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Topaz Gem wrote:

So far, I am not impressed with the new company that bought QVC and HSN.  Too many changes that don’t make sense, especially the mass hiring of new hosts only to have them last a very short time.  The host job has a huge learning curve and these new hosts are not given a chance to develop roots with customers and vendors.  Like it or not, the shopping channel model of a stable host staff that developed ‘friendships’ with their customers worked.  Of course we all knew that they weren’t our real friends, but the friendship aspect of the hosts sharing bits and pieces of their personal lives, etc., made for a very pleasant and unique shopping experience that you did not get in brick and mortar stores.  Now I rarely tune in to any channel as I don’t get that warm and fuzzy family vibe any longer with the current business model.

One thosand percent.  Well said.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t know she was a single mom either @conlt

Super Contributor

Totally agree. All the great hosts are being let go
Respected Contributor

@qvcfreak No, i always thought that she was happily married. I remember when she got married. I wish she was not leaving HSN. That is sad for her, I believe.