Honored Contributor

Re: connie craig carroll and robin wall both leaving hsn

@HeiressIn-FL wrote:
Connie Craig Carroll, Robin Wall,.....and now you can add Brett Chukerman to the list. I'm almost afraid to say it, but why do I have a feeling that Rick Domeier will soon be going??😥. I hope I'm wrong.

Brett too?  I'm sure more hosts will be exiting from both channels.

Respected Contributor

Since Jill left QVC I'm down to just watching Colleen so if HSN lets her go they should just turn out the lights...it's over.

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl wrote:

I wonder if QVCandHSN are offering voluntary separation packages to long term employees. it just seems strange that so many show hosts are leaving around the same time. I am just thinking that there might be a decent incentive offered to them to convince them to leave.

I have wondered that also, age plus years of work--then providing a nice severance package at a certain number. Happy employees don't just up and quit unless something is going on.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just wonder how many people stay at a job that long anymore? 20-25 years is a long time to be with just one company.

People now stay on for a couple of years and move on to start business or better opportunites. Just saying.

And I don't know who any of these host are.

Trusted Contributor

I liked Connie, and Robin, but one of the best host's by far to me, Bill Green may have made the best move a few years ago when he took a new role as a Guest Trainer.

When they let Coleen Lopez go, and they will, then it can just fade to black.

Respected Contributor

I've enjoyed watching Connie, Robin and Brett, but I must say Robin was my favorite. For whatever reason she was put back in an undesirable time slot a while ago and only catch her on occassion. I wish them all the best. To tell you the truth I really don't even know who any of these new hosts are on either channel. My watching is done now when there is a commercial on something else I'm watching. Of course, when you get right down to it, all these retail channels are just one big commercial.

Honored Contributor

Wow!  Didn't know those hosts were leaving HSN.  I liked all of them especially Bret.  Expect to see a lot of crossovers between HSN and QVC.  Colleen on the Q, SK on HSN.  Wouldn't be surprised at all.

Esteemed Contributor

Something  is definitely going on in corporate that all these long time hosts are leaving. It could be pay cut or severance packages.  They are cutting expenses and what a better way to do it than let long time hosts opt out. Very Sad!!!

Honored Contributor

If these shopping channels replace the veteran hosts with the last group that QVC hired they won't be on the air much longer.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see shopping networks sticking around for much longer. The economic landscape just doesn't support those kinds of places for consumers looking to spend their money. Amazon and Walmart gets most of my money.

Hosts leaving...I think it's a sign of erosion.