Respected Contributor

Re: connie craig carroll and robin wall both leaving hsn

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I liked Connie, and Robin, but one of the best host's by far to me, Bill Green may have made the best move a few years ago when he took a new role as a Guest Trainer.

When they let Coleen Lopez go, and they will, then it can just fade to black.

Everyone in the business world is replaceable. I have never understood her appeal.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

To my fantastic followers – I wanted to let you know that I’ll be departing HSN next month. It has been an absolute privilege to be part of your lives over the last 8 years. My time here has been outstanding and I’ve loved interacting with the best customers out there. I’ll be rooting for HSN forever – but now I’ll be a shopper just like each of you. Thank you for the amazing support you’ve given me. Let’s stay connected!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Wow!  Robin announced today she'll be leaving tomorrow.  One day notice.

Connie and Brett Chukerman next month.

What's going on at QVC-HSN?  Three more good hosts leaving around the same time?

@Foxxee.  My guess is they are renegotiating contracts as they come due and hosts aren't getting the salaries they think they should.  Maybe they're being offered reductions in pay.  If this is true, we'll probably see many more leaving, especially "old timers" like Jill.  Others must be holding their breaths waiting for the axe to fall.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I wonder if Bobbie Ray Carter will be the next to go?  She must be about retirement age.  The rest can develop new careers (selling real estate?), but I can't see Bobbie doing anything else.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Foxxee wrote:

Wow!  Robin announced today she'll be leaving tomorrow.  One day notice.

Connie and Brett Chukerman next month.

What's going on at QVC-HSN?  Three more good hosts leaving around the same time?

@Foxxee.  My guess is they are renegotiating contracts as they come due and hosts aren't getting the salaries they think they should.  Maybe they're being offered reductions in pay.  If this is true, we'll probably see many more leaving, especially "old timers" like Jill.  Others must be holding their breaths waiting for the axe to fall.

I see your point but IMO no one would leave a job just like that even if they got a reduction in pay, These people are still of working age and it is hard to get a good paying job these days even for those much younger than them. And from what I;ve heard, these host jobs pay very, very well so there's not much out there in that salary range that you can just send a resume to and get hired right away.

The same thing is happening where I work, They bought another company and in the last 2 years of combining everything they found that many of the jobs people had were duplicated so they started to let some of them go. Then others who had been there 25 years or so decided they just didn't like the changes being made and retired, but not to go to another job, just retire. 

In Jill's case she made enough money to live quite well and most likely banked quite a bit. Plus she has a husband to continue bringing in income. She may have plans in the making to do something else but she can do it on her time when and where she wants. It';s nice to have choices like that,

those 3 at HSN don't seem to have those choices. Funny how Dimitri since he;s been there has said how much he liked working with Brett and Connie. 

I think home shopping is going to tank pretty soon. It's just not the venue for shopping anymore, Because of all the expenses involved in presenting items on tv like models' salaries, hosts salaries, production people, lighting, food, etc etc they cannot present products at really good prices IMO. I always find much better deals on things when I comparison shop and many times find free coupon codes and other discounts,

Valued Contributor

Since they are cutting out their live overnight shows, 3 hosts had to go. Robin worked the night shift. They kept Tina and Debbie, so Connie and Brett will be leaving. I feel bad for Connie. She is a single mom. There probably aren't many jobs out there where she will make anything near HSN pay.
Trusted Contributor

Also, HSN is reconfiguring itself as "Her Shopping Network."  That is what its commercial says.  But what I like is the women in the commercial are not in their 20s, they are older.  Like most HSN customers.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 

Admittedly, I've stopped watching both HSN and QVC, but it makes me a little sad to see hosts like CC and Robin departing.  I hope it was their choice, but it seems unlikely.

I took a look at the "hosts" page at HSN, and I only recognize a few, but it seems there are still a lot of them!

When I discovered HSN and QVC, the internet was not around, and it seemed so fun and exciting to shop this way.  I was working, and had limited viewing time, but I can remember taking a vacation day when they would have all day fashion!  Can you imagine? 

Well, those days are LONG gone.  I no longer watch and only shop on line for a very few things.  

I guess everything changes Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

my employer offered employees with xx amout of years, a buy out/retirement package, this past spring. it was a cost cutting move and a great deal, for those that wanted out, for what ever reason. it was just an offer and not mandatory. maybe something like this is going on, to cut cost.

Esteemed Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Since they are cutting out their live overnight shows, 3 hosts had to go. Robin worked the night shift. They kept Tina and Debbie, so Connie and Brett will be leaving. I feel bad for Connie. She is a single mom. There probably aren't many jobs out there where she will make anything near HSN pay.

I didn't know they were eliminating their live overnight programming.