Respected Contributor

Re: connie craig carroll and robin wall both leaving hsn

I must be in the minority....I don't really have a attachment to any of the hosts leaving.  They have worked there a long time....seems like a natural event.  It could be they don't like the "new" merger with Q and decided it was time to leave.  Who knows?  

Everything changes...sometimes it's a good thing....sometimes not so much.

Valued Contributor

Glad that they are leaving and I hope they Run not walk to the nearest exit. Qurate set out to destroy HSN and they are doing it JMO Woman Sad

Trusted Contributor

Sadly I think there will be more hosts to follow. HSN will now start taping shows or will rerun shows overnight like Evine. The overnight hosts will be gone or shuffled in somewhere I would think?

Esteemed Contributor

I saw Bret's announcement on Facebook, and am sorry to see him leave.  He has been there for only eight years, so I wouldn't consider him a long time host.

Was also surprised about Connie and Robin - especially with Robin leaving tomorrow.

I don't think all off these hosts are leaving voluntarily - too many at once - just my opinion,

Honored Contributor

No big surprise....most people retire after years and years of a job...especially people who work the hours these hosts do.   They made good money....have huge retirement nest eggs....why not retire?  Not everyone wants to work forever until they drop dead.  I sure didn’t!

Honored Contributor

I remember reading about a week ago,but don't remember where, that HSN is cutting back on it's employees across the board.

I was wondering if any hosts would be part of that downsizing.   I guess they are.  Too bad.  I hate to see anyone lose their job.

Honored Contributor

Wow! I’ll miss CC

Honored Contributor

Out of the group of HSN hosts, these 3 are definitely NOT the ones I wish were going. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

No big surprise....most people retire after years and years of a job...especially people who work the hours these hosts do.   They made good money....have huge retirement nest eggs....why not retire?  Not everyone wants to work forever until they drop dead.  I sure didn’t!

Except none of these hosts are anywhere near retirement age.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

I don't know Robin and surprised because I watch HSN all of the time. I like Connie and Chuck. I did not know Connie was a single mom, I remember her wedding. I bet they did not renew these contracts. I am sorry Connie and Brett. I doubt that they chose to retire. Brett is still young and it would seem that Connie still needs to work. I am 61 and people think you can just retire. Health insurance is expensive, and truthfully, I don't think sitting idle at home is a good health choice. I will have to be into some major hobbies when I retire.