Respected Contributor

Re: comment about pizza.....who made it on the other thread?

@sophiamarie wrote:

@nun ya  I was talking about a pizza parlor or even an Italian restaurant.  Do you live in NY by any chance????

no, Pittsburgh. But ...I am messy with cheese and sauce!! 

Respected Contributor

I was just about to comment about that thread when, poof, gone.  My comment was about the pizza, not the politics.  My husband eats everything with a knife and fork, including pizza.  He would never consider picking up his pizza. 

I like to finish up my pork chop by getting the last tidbits of meat off the bone by picking up the bone.  He just shakes his head.

He will only eat fried chicken drumsticks with a knife and fork.  He was trained that way as a child and cannot eat any other way.

Valued Contributor

I think most pizza is too messy to eat with your fingers in public, especially if you are wearing good clothes.  Also, a knife and fork helps you to not burn the top of your mouth. Everything has turned political :-)   

Honored Contributor

We love pizza and I make it from scratch just about every week. My husband eats pizza with a fork, but my son and I use our hands unless it's too hot or has too many toppings on it then we will use a knife and fork.

Esteemed Contributor

I eat my pizza with my hands, but my SNICKERS with a fork.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

We eat a lot of pizza and when growing up our son would always dip his pizza in applesauce! I tried it and it's actually not bad! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Lori Kaye wrote:

We eat a lot of pizza and when growing up our son would always dip his pizza in applesauce! I tried it and it's actually not bad! Smiley Happy 

LOL i have not heard the applesauce tip before, but two of my kids cannot have pizza unless there is ranch dressing to dip the crust in.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Ever try eating a deep dish or stuffed pizza without a fork?

Honored Contributor

@gmkb wrote:

I was just about to comment about that thread when, poof, gone.  My comment was about the pizza, not the politics.  My husband eats everything with a knife and fork, including pizza.  He would never consider picking up his pizza. 

I like to finish up my pork chop by getting the last tidbits of meat off the bone by picking up the bone.  He just shakes his head.

He will only eat fried chicken drumsticks with a knife and fork.  He was trained that way as a child and cannot eat any other way.

I was raised they way also.  Even bacon was with a knife and fork.   Artichokes were allowed to eat with our hands. 

Honored Contributor

I cut mine in squares (Chicago style)......and it's easier to pick up (!)

♥Surface of the Sun♥