Honored Contributor

I stopped to pick up some things, one person at all the lanes to check out ,rest was self check out. The line was long,  i really do not like the idea of all these self check outs being used,  jobs for people.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

You don't have to shop at a store that exploits its workers.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest @Jobs or higher prices.I guess that is the problem Walmart is faced with.The Walmart I shop at seems to have too many employees on the floor and no cashiers.The manager needs to rework the scheduling.I see a couple of tired and frustrated cashiers while wandering the floors are extra staff visiting with each other and looking bored.

Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I stopped to pick up some things, one person at all the lanes to check out ,rest was self check out. The line was long,  i really do not like the idea of all these self check outs being used,  jobs for people.

The more people they pay the higher the prices.  While paying more may be something you are willing to do, so many in this country struggle everyday for the necessities and need the low prices at Walmart. 

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Respected Contributor

This is our fautl....throughout the years we have accepted lower and lower standards for customer service.  Now, there is none.  We are expected to bring in our carts from the parking lot, check out our own groceries and bag our own groceries......all for no compensation or discounts.  Because we accepted the changes when they first made them, they are now the standard.  We are free labor for the grocery stores.  I'm waiting for the day they ask me to help unload the produce truck.

Valued Contributor

@chessylady -honestly where I live- the only place we have for home necessities is Walmart and our grocery stores- which have a higher markup on things for the home like TP, cleaning supplies, toothpaste, etc...  I wish we had more options because I’d rather shop target any day of the week over Walmart but it’s not possible where I live. 

Super Contributor

yes this happens at my Walmart too . Hardly go there now . I had a cart full to the top one day and only 1 cashier on the tills , so I went to self service till , so frustating .

I now shop at Target mostly , the check out process is so quick .

Honored Contributor

Since Wal-Mart cannot seem to pay to have cashiers available without standing in line for who knows how long I welcome those self checkout registers. When I go to Wal-Mart I use it. I can check myself out faster plus have my groceries bagged like I want them. The cashiers here all seem to be on some type of medication that makes them move in slow motion if you know what I mean?

Now you can order online & pick your groceries up. I have been doing this because it's so much easier. They keep moving stuff around in the store. I don't have 2-3 hrs to look for groceries I need. IMO I also get fresher groceries by ordering online. I have not had any issues yet. Saves me time plus I don't come back home ticked off like I did every time I went inside.

Honored Contributor

Is this a thread about the evils of self-checkout....

or just another bag-on-Walmart thread?

Honored Contributor

@Liverbird1 wrote:

yes this happens at my Walmart too . Hardly go there now . I had a cart full to the top one day and only 1 cashier on the tills , so I went to self service till , so frustating .

I now shop at Target mostly , the check out process is so quick .

@Liverbird1 

Wish we had a Target. We don't have choices where I live. We have a Wal-Mart & Wal-mart Grocery or whatever they call it. We also have 4 other grocery stores. None are named grocery stores that are in other larger areas. These are smaller grocery stores. Not like the huge grocery stores they have in Fl where you can get everything you need at one store without going all over town looking for something.

It's so frustrating not being able to find what you want so I have to order things online. LOL!!!