Respected Contributor

Love Boscov's!  Great buys and nice items.  FYI...if they don't happen to have your size in a particular shoe, they will order it and you can pick it up at the store.  

Another wonderful perk, you can have any item gift wrapped for FREE!  Now, how many other stores do that????

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

Great store with the middle class America in mind. We love it.

Honored Contributor

I have a Boscov's about 2 or 3 miles from my house. I go there frequently. You will always find gems. Never had to order on line because the store is well stocked. And it is a great place for shoes and handbags. There is always great sales.

A few months ago I walked into the store. A sales clerk was trying to restock handbags that were on sale. People were taking the handbags right out of her bin. She couldn't get then out fast enough.

They had tons of beautiful dresses before Christmas. If I was going to a fancy party during the holidays, I would have had a hard time picking just one to buy. They were stunning and reasonable.

Honored Contributor

I like them because they have a good selection of better brand name dresses in petites.

Honored Contributor

Without their charge card:

No online coupons/promos + a $9.95 shipping fee

Better to shop there in-person; nice old-fashioned department store vibe.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Without their charge card:

No online coupons/promos + a $9.95 shipping fee

Better to shop there in-person; nice old-fashioned department store vibe.

@feline groovy, I had never heard of Boscovs before finding it a few years ago when googling for Karen Neuburger PJs. They had them at an amazingly low price. I found that that was also the case with a brand of finger towels that I like.

They do have free shipping with a minimum purchase. Right now it's $49. Also, they have a code for15 percent off if your order is more than $100.

I have to admit that their apparel doesn't interest me, though. I could get basically the same level quality at one of the Macys nearby. I'm more Talbots or Ann Taylor person, but I digress.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3

Nice to hear you got some great buys there.

I hadn't heard of them either until I moved to PA; grew up sometimes going to "Bamberger's", which then became Macy's.

Thanks for the s/h info for future reference.

Although I'd rather buy online from Amazon (via 'Prime')Ebay, or another place and not have an order total to meet.

Plus deliveries are often much faster. 

When I was working outside of the home and could afford the sales (LOL) at Talbots or Ann Taylor, there were some decent deals.

My overall style, though, has always been very casual.

FYI in case you're unaware, RetailMeNot.com is a great place to check for coupons for every store.

You can also get on their email lists for your favorite vendors.

Honored Contributor

Obviously this must be a regional chain.  Never heard of them before today.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

@suzyQ3

Nice to hear you got some great buys there.

I hadn't heard of them either until I moved to PA; grew up sometimes going to "Bamberger's", which then became Macy's.

Thanks for the s/h info for future reference.

Although I'd rather buy online from Amazon (via 'Prime')Ebay, or another place and not have an order total to meet.

Plus deliveries are often much faster. 

When I was working outside of the home and could afford the sales (LOL) at Talbots or Ann Taylor/Loft, there were some decent deals.

My overall style, though, has always been more Gap-ish and Eddie Bauer-ish.

FYI in case you're unaware, RetailMeNot.com is a great place to check for coupons for every store.

You can also get on their email lists for your favorite vendors.

@feline groovy

Would you please clarify?   R M Not is a type of clearing house for other retailers?   I typed in a few designer brands and the searches didn't come up with much.  

Honored Contributor

shop at Boscov's quite a bit, have 2 within a 25 mile radius.  Good store, reasonable items.