Honored Contributor

Re: bobbi brown getting into the wellness industry on qvc

Wouldn't it be easier if she just sold stretchy pants and tunic tops on QVC?  LOL  

Honored Contributor

@bakergirl wrote:

Yes, there was a long article with photos in Sunday's New York Times. She and her husband are also opening a boutique hotel and she mentioned she sold her company for $75 million back in the day.......And she also mentioned all the famous people she had done makeup for... by the end of the article, I knew I would not buy anything she sold. Why make the very rich even richer?? Especially when they brag about EVERYthing.

And I really do not try to be negative, but she really got to me in the wrong way. Thought she was a modest, quiet person when on QVC.........really....

@bakergirl In all honesty, if you don’t want to make the rich even richer, close your checkbook & forget purchasing a car, new computer, cell phone, shop in a major dept. store, buy a best selling book, go to top rated movie w/ a nominated actor, etc.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim wrote:
It will be interesting watching Bobbi and the Q host (they pair her up) w/to sell these "wellness shakes"..😦
It will probably be Jill Bauer. Also, the boutique hotel that her and her husband bought that another poster mentioned is in Montclair, NJ. I read the article and supposedly , it's a place to get away when u don't have the kids or something..

@KKlim  Yes. She discusses the hotel in interviews on YouTube.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

"Makeup mogul Bobbi Brown is stepping into the wellness industry with her new line of supplements.

The line debuts on QVC April 20 and includes four products – Afternoon Chocolate whey protein powder, $60, Overnight Vanilla coconut oil powder, $48, Probiotic lemon-flavored blend, $32, and Strengthen for hair, skin and nails, $33.

Unlike her namesake makeup line, which she sold to Estee Lauder in the 1990s and stepped away from in 2016, Brown plans to remain the owner of Evolution_18. She expects the brand to make $3 million in sales in one year, "

via bizjournals.com

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

Oh great.  Another know it all that thinks she can tell me what to eat and what not to eat.  No thanks.  Jill Bauer loves her make up.  Wonder what she will do now.  

Honored Contributor

@puttypiesmom wrote:

That collagen in her smoothie, I wonder if we have to worry if it came from mad cows.  She must think ingesting collagen restores the skin, maybe it does. Mad cow or not I'm sure it'll sell out and offered on auto delivery. 

Shoekitty said

I think it is marine collagen.  Usually marine collagen is used because not only is it more effective, but so many people are adverse to animal.  I use lessman collagen, and have looked at many.  They were all marine, or plant based collagen. But I dont know everything, and I would think mad cow would be an issue or worry!

Super Contributor

She's following Suzanne Somers now with the wellness and smoothies and telling us what to eat or drink. NO THANKS! Some of the ingredients in these wellness drinks may not be good for all of us!
Trusted Contributor

@bakergirl wrote:

Yes, there was a long article with photos in Sunday's New York Times. She and her husband are also opening a boutique hotel and she mentioned she sold her company for $75 million back in the day.......And she also mentioned all the famous people she had done makeup for... by the end of the article, I knew I would not buy anything she sold. Why make the very rich even richer?? Especially when they brag about EVERYthing.

And I really do not try to be negative, but she really got to me in the wrong way. Thought she was a modest, quiet person when on QVC.........really....

I remember seeing her on all the shows years ago, never cared for her and her personality, just wasn’t very personable, and her makeup was very yellow toned; I have to say she makes a nice mascara....

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Big Joaniewrote:

When I first saw the title I wasnt sure if it was bobbi brown the

make up person or Whitney Houston's ex husband ....Whew ...!!

LOL @Big Joanie

THAT bobby brown has a Y instead of an I. that would be interesting though. Smiley LOL

SAME LOL

Esteemed Contributor

I wish her well but the odds are not in her favor. In her place, with 75 million, I’d retire, travel, and just have fun. She’s going into businesses about which she knows very little.