Frequent Contributor

Re: best place to sell gold?

@chickenbutt wrote:

@Hearts4Me wrote:

I'm glad you asked this question!  I have been wondering where to sell some of my gold, too, and now remember the good reviews for the US Gold Buyers.  I have 3 sons who obviously have zero interest in gold jewelry so I may just sell it and put  the $$ into savings.

Yeah, I'm thinking about selling a bunch more.  I still have quite a lot of gold jewelry and I don't have anybody to leave it to.  So many pieces I really love but it's not like I'm wearing them hardly ever anymore.  Smiley Sad   Might as well get the cash and save it.

For the WHITE gold that I do wear, I want to make sure my boys know that it is gold and not sterling silver.  I have quite a bit of it and my luck they would just toss it or give it away to anyone.  Hopefully anyone else on these forums with the same type of thoughts keeps this in mind, too!

Esteemed Contributor

Do Not Use Cash4Gold in Florida. I read that they're scammers --- pretend they never received ur gold or they just ignore u.

Esteemed Contributor

Best place in Seattle is a coin shop in West Seattle. Top prices. Very reputable. They take all forms of gold, including dental gold and broken jewelry.

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I wanted to use the good place mentioned but not knowing the current situation with that particular gold buyer I instead used a local jeweler.  I don't remember the total gram weight but had smalls and a large hefty gold bracelet - I received a little over $1000 and left the store feeling ripped off.  Too late now but had no current information. Not a good feeling to have. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just took in some silver stuff don't wear any more and got 38.00

Not pawning gold till it gets way up again.

Last time I sold some stuff when it hit 1600/oz and made 2,000

I'm still liking my Imperial Gold LOL hanging on to that 

tee hee, tee hee

Honored Contributor

I take my gold and silver to local independent jewelers who design and make jewelry themselves. They've offered the highest prices. Most have their own equipment to melt it down and flatten it into sheets to reuse it to make new jewelry. 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I take my gold and silver to local independent jewelers who design and make jewelry themselves. They've offered the highest prices. Most have their own equipment to melt it down and flatten it into sheets to reuse it to make new jewelry. 

@Shanus I agree. My local goldsmith always gave great prices for gold pieces because buying pieces that he could melt down and use toward a new creation was still cheaper for him than buying it from his suppliers.

Trusted Contributor

If any of you do use USGoldbuyers dot com, would you kindly post here and let us know what your experience was like?  I'd like to know if they are as good as they were years ago.  TIA

Respected Contributor

@DottieBlue wrote:

If any of you do use USGoldbuyers dot com, would you kindly post here and let us know what your experience was like?  I'd like to know if they are as good as they were years ago.  TIA

I used them two years ago (yes they are in FL now) and was very happy with them. I knew the weight of the gold I sent them and their calculation agreed with mine. They still pay for your shipment - download mailing label from their website. I opted for direct deposit - cost was $25 I think - because I needed the money right away. Had my money within 3-4 days of sending in my gold.

Super Contributor

Thank you for all the help in finding the name of the place . USgoldbuyer is the name  I wa looking for.