Esteemed Contributor

Re: behind the scenes look from a guest vendor representative....interesting article

I saw the article reinforcing what I have read on these forums.

I have seen many a posts slamming various hosts and vendors, and saying that QVC's is geared towards grandmas and shut-ins.

So, it's perfectly okay for anonymous people on a chat board to say those things, but it isn't okay for a reporter to say those same exact things?

Hypocritical much?

Honored Contributor

Re: behind the scenes look from a guest vendor representative....interesting article

It was an interesting read.

He comes off a little whiney though.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

IMO the "best guest" is focusing on the viewer when he/she focuses on the product.  Product descriptions are the most important part of a presentation for me.  No matter how much the host comes across as my friend or tells me multiple ways I will use it, if the product description is lacking, it's a no sale for me.

Respected Contributor

Not really interested in reading the article, but I do have a vendor comment.

The young woman who is the vendor for the Tria laser is absolutely the best vendor I've seen on QVC.  She is well spoken, knows her product, gives great information and suggestions.  And she is very attractive.  I ended up watching her presentations several times. She held my attention.

She would make an amazing host for QVC.  Wish they could hire her!!

Honored Contributor

It seemed like he went into QVC with a closed mind.  He already had everything figured out and wasn't going to change his mind.

Respected Contributor

I have met 2 vendors and both had very nice things to say about being on Q. 

Once on a plane to Philly, we met a man from Dallas area who was selling some kind of sauce. He said he had to ship so many cases to Q prior to the show and it was inspected by staff. He said an executive took him aside and told him this was not going to make him a rich man--so don't get carried away thinking you have made the big time. I think he was a 50/50 winner but never remember seeing him again. 

Another lady I met at a trade show. She sold a plastic jar with lid and an insert that you filled with cleaning fluid for cleaning eyeglasses. You put glasses in the jar and shook it to clean. She was also complemetary of the Q. She said many vendors waiting together would complain about which host he/she was assigned to.