Honored Contributor

before you decide to be proactive - be sure your right

another thread about leaving a child in a hot car reminded me of this story. One summer day my dog and I were sitting in our car waiting for DH while he was dropping off his car for service. All the car windows were open so the inside of the car was the same temperture as outside. The dog was panting - that is how they sweat - i was sitting in the car too and it wasn't all that hot, and we were only going to be a few min. Suddenly a cop arrives and a crazy woman yelling about the poor dog and what a rotten ----- i was for making her stay in the car etc etc. The cop comes over to the door and asked me what I was doing and I told him. The woman had called the police and told them that the dog was left locked in a hot , closed up car. Of course as long as the windows were open and I was also sitting there listening to the radio not at all bothered by the heat he apologized to me then went and talked to the lady. Moral - always be sure you are correct before you go butting into other peoples business.