Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Other posters announce they are leaving as a   fond  goodbye . It is a mutual display of affection and regard

This was a parting shot at other posters, as far as I am concerned

Would give you ten hearts for this one if I could. SPOT ON.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: because of the

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

Other posters announce they are leaving as a   fond  goodbye . It is a mutual display of affection and regard

This was a parting shot at other posters, as far as I am concerned

@cherry 

I have already hearted you for your post, but I wanted to give you more hearts for being absolutely 100% correct.

Heart Heart Heart Heart  Heart Heart Heart Heart  Heart Heart Heart HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shortbreadlover, sorry you feel the need to leave (don't know over what post), but I know exactly how you feel. I come here to share life experiences, ask other's about theirs and I generally try to be light and kind - even when we disagree.

Sadly there are some on these boards who feel the need to dominate with their "assertive," unflinching "I'm right, put down" posts, and superior attitudes. For all of the kind posters those ugly, vicious few hit the "hurt" target and turn many away (especially new posters). I too have chilled considerably on these boards due to miserable women who don't share my view of lifting up sisters, but prefer to put us down. Once upon a time you could hit the "ignore" button and not have to deal wirh "ugly." Sadly, those days are gone.

Best wishes to you, LuLu

Honored Contributor

Ok, do what you feel is best but announcements about departing are usually not needed.

Trusted Contributor
I can't believe how people jumped on the OP And came to all kinds of crazy unwarranted conclusions. The child said she did not feel like doing it. Some kids are lazy, so why? Why jump on the OP for stating a fact? Lots of boundary issues Floating around this board!
Trusted Contributor
Speaking of boundary issues, now posters are telling her the proper way to leave the boards? Oh brother now I've heard it all
Honored Contributor

People who announce they’re leaving after a thread doesn’t go their way don’t really want to leave, they just want reassurance that they should stay. I never try to talk someone into staying. We’re adults and know what’s best for us. 

Honored Contributor

@Steffdoggy10 wrote:
Speaking of boundary issues, now posters are telling her the proper way to leave the boards? Oh brother now I've heard it all

How many posts are required first? 425?

Honored Contributor

@Bri369 wrote:

Everyone has a difference of opinion.  What you see as mean, someone sees as the truth. 

Your choice to stay or go...

Shoekitty said:

i agree To some extent.  Yes the teuth can hurt, lol.  But when given with well chosen words, it can be helpful...not hurtful. Some people just have no tact, and that is the truth. They see every opportunity for opinions as a reality show retort. I think a little thought to wording can go a long way.  However, some see their opinion or belief as gospel, and are not afraid to say what they think no matter who it hurts.  I guess the sad part is they don't see anything wrong with it. 

most posters here on this forum can disagree, or offer and opinion and it is thoughtful, helpful, yet kind.  I appreciate that.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

Other posters have announced they were taking a break from posting, one recently wrote she was having personal issues and wouldn't be about. No one took exception, seems it's a matter of whom not what.

I feel it's considerate, otherwise there will be posts asking what happen to them, are they ill, dead, did they get banned. Either way, where's the harm; why the need to post disapproval?

I don't know why people are making such a big deal over the poster announcing she is leaving the  boards.  It isn't going to affect any of them one way or the other.  I think this whole thing was blown way out of proportion.  

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam