Respected Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

That is your conclusion.

No, that is a fact. I know because I read the thread. And contrary to other posts here--it wasn't titled "All Kids Are Lazy" and wasn't posted on Mother's Day. I will agree the title sounded a little judgemental and, as always, the bandwagon started rolling.

The questions weren't "why do you feel the way you do?" or "have their been other instances like this that make you feel this is more the norm than an exception?" It was pretty much a pile on about how ignorant it is to say children are lazy and an onslaught of why the child didn't want to do the work when the reason was already given in the first post.

It's pretty much a dead giveaway when people start making things up to make a situation appear better for their side yet, regardless of what side of the topic your opinion lands, let's at least try to keep things truthful. 

The title of the thread was Today's Kids Are Lazy and it was posted on Mother's Day. I read and posted on it. The OP made it very clear how she felt about the child. No one is making anything up.

That's funny because I wasn't here on Mother's Day and I know exactly what thread you're discussing. As to the other claim...that the title was "All Kids Are Lazy" thank you for clearing that up.

I stand corrected on the title. It was "What Lazy Kids Today."  I checked the history on my computer-posted on May 12, 2019.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I am surprised the topic is being relitigated after being removed.

It is a fact of life that opinions will be questioned and that there will be disagreement.  Sometimes an opinion is wholeheartedly accepted. Sometimes overwhelmingly the opposite.  This one was the latter.  

Accept it and move on. 

@Ms tyrion2,  was the thread removed for cause or at author's request?

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Other posters have announced they were taking a break from posting, one recently wrote she was having personal issues and wouldn't be about. No one took exception, seems it's a matter of whom not what.

I feel it's considerate, otherwise there will be posts asking what happen to them, are they ill, dead, did they get banned. Either way, where's the harm; why the need to post disapproval?

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

It is a fact of life that opinions will be questioned and that there will be disagreement.  Sometimes an opinion is wholeheartedly accepted. Sometimes overwhelmingly the opposite.  This one was the latter.  

Accept it and move on. 

Impossible to know @Marp .

It just disappeared

Esteemed Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Other posters have announced they were taking a break from posting, one recently wrote she was having personal issues and wouldn't be about. No one took exception, seems it's a matter of whom not what.

I feel it's considerate, otherwise there will be posts asking what happen to them, are they ill, dead, did they get banned. Either way, where's the harm; why the need to post disapproval?

Very true, and I guess I could reply to them that I don't see the need for posters to say they don't think other posters need to announce they're leaving. Then they could say they don't think I need to announce that I don't think they need to announce what they think other people should announce. 

Seriously, we could go around in that silly circle forever. And, in the end, who the heck really cares? It's just one more way to pile on someone you don't like. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Marp wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Accept it and move on. 

Impossible to know @Marp .

It just disappeared

@Ms tyrion2,  thanks.  In a way that does answer my question considering history.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Other posters announce they are leaving as a   fond  goodbye . It is a mutual display of affection and regard

This was a parting shot at other posters, as far as I am concerned

Honored Contributor

There were posters on that thread who deserved a parting shot.

Honored Contributor

I don't know my 2 posts were cordial ,and polite,she even gave me a heart on one of them

I think she felt she would have defenders, and  when she didn't she left

Honored Contributor

By rehashing the thread and giving our opinions on it, aren't we, then, breaching standards? No, we didn't repost it, but given the drift here, we might as well have.

Personally, I'm fine with whatever @shortbreadlover chooses to do. But I don't think one thread that didn't go well is necessarily a reason to leave if in fact she likes to post here.

I also would not jump to some of the conclusions I'm reading here about her character and opinions.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland