Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

@occasionalrain.  Doesn’t matter. The title of the thread was ‘all children are lazy’.  That’s what got the op in hot water. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

For those who are wondering what the o/p is talking about, she recently posted about how a child came up to her at the library and asked her to cut something out for her, because it was too hard for her.

The o/p call the child, and as a result, all children lazy, because the child asked for help with the task of cutting something out.

This is the same poster who bent over backwards to help an older homeless couple, too.

The child never said it was hard. The child said it would take too long. Big Difference!

She just wanted the OP to do it for her because she didn't want to do it herself.

Or so the OP said. But, once again, I wonder what one can find in the library that can be cut out. 

Respected Contributor

I have never understood the need for posters to announce their departures..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

I am surprised the topic is being relitigated after being removed.

It is a fact of life that opinions will be questioned and that there will be disagreement.  Sometimes an opinion is wholeheartedly accepted. Sometimes overwhelmingly the opposite.  This one was the latter.  

Accept it and move on. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wishing you a prosperous future and many happy days ahead.

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@shortbreadlover  you don't seem to understand there are many parents and grandparents posting here

When you insult their children/grands even indirectly, you are bound to raise their ire.

And especially since it was posted on Mother's Day.

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

remember the "unwritten rule" on any message board, especially when complaining about something....... there will always be some that question or ask for more information.....

"there are three sides to every story......"

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

That is your conclusion.

— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Or so the OP said. But, once again, I wonder what one can find in the library that can be cut out. 

Our city library is pretty broad in activities for all ages.  Including crafts, movies, crocheting and even yoga. Last Christmas they decorated the lower level with the construction paper garland that the children cut out and pasted together.  Library is a treasure trove of more than books.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what happened, but I think the good on this forum outweighs the bad. And sometimes we need a break from it, I do understand that.

I have gotten a lot of good advice here, and if I don't agree, I don't agree. Its ok. We are all different.