Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I was a colorist for years before switching to another profession in the beauty industry. I think it was in really bad taste for the stylist to talk about that lady in a negative manner. If she talks about one client, she will talk about any of them including you. Do you know what I mean? 

No, she is a personal friend. I've had her for years ,and this is the only time she has ever made a remark about anyone to me

Esteemed Contributor

@cherry I know how you feel.  I wash and style my hair before I go to the salon too.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

To me, a day without washing my hair, means its dirty. It might sound strange, but thats how I feel

Hi @cherry

My daughter is like you, she washes her hair every day also.  I used to but since I injured my right arm and shoulder it's not easy to wash my hair, in fact it's really painful.  I was in the hospital for five days and I was absolutely shocked that my hair stayed clean looking and styled.  I don't use any product after washing and conditioning anymore, that must help.

I also wash and style my hair before I see my guy.  I'm due for cut, color and highlights, next week I hope.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@cherry wrote:

To me, a day without washing my hair, means its dirty. It might sound strange, but thats how I feel

They always wash my hair at the beauty parlor. I have been going there for at tleast 10 years. I have never been asked if I want my hair washed or not. It is one price for wash,cut and dry.

Same here.  I did go in for just a wash and blow dry after I'd hurt my arm and it was $45 plus tip.

I sure didn't want to do that every five days or so, I learned to wash my hair with just my left hand and my daughter would blow dry it for me.  I have to say, she has many incredible talents but hair styling isn't one of them, LOL.

She's a fantastic daughter Heart

Respected Contributor

@cherry wrote:

Me too...my hair is super fine (I have a lot of it but fine like baby hair) and it gets limp and greasy if I go more than 1 day between washings.  

Honored Contributor

@straykatz wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Me too...my hair is super fine (I have a lot of it but fine like baby hair) and it gets limp and greasy if I go more than 1 day between washings.  

I have the same type of hair. I did quit using conditioner and that helped a lot

Esteemed Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

Hi @cherry

My daughter is like you, she washes her hair every day also.  I used to but since I injured my right arm and shoulder it's not easy to wash my hair, in fact it's really painful.  I was in the hospital for five days and I was absolutely shocked that my hair stayed clean looking and styled.  I don't use any product after washing and conditioning anymore, that must help.

I also wash and style my hair before I see my guy.  I'm due for cut, color and highlights, next week I hope.

What happened to your arm and shoulder @Noel7? My mom has been putting off shoulder surgery for more than 2 yrs she is supposed to have. She gets cortisone shots and they really do help her quite a bit. She probably would have had no choice but to get the surgery if not for them. I don't know what your injury is and I know they don't work for everyone but thought I would mention them.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

I was a colorist for years before switching to another profession in the beauty industry. I think it was in really bad taste for the stylist to talk about that lady in a negative manner. If she talks about one client, she will talk about any of them including you. Do you know what I mean? 

No, she is a personal friend. I've had her for years ,and this is the only time she has ever made a remark about anyone to me

Gotcha and thank you for mentioning that. That is completely different if she is your close friend and says that. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I live in suburban NYC.  Unless it's a chain, most salons are pricey and everything is a la carte.  If you choose not to pay for a blow dry, they will let you use a blow dryer so you do not leave with a wet head.

I've been told not to wash my hair the day it is getting colored, as hair dye takes better on dirty hair.

My mother was of the generation that went to the beauty parlor once a week and practically never combed their hair in between visits.  When we were children, we had our hair washed once a week, except in the summer when it was more frequent due to chlorine.

Honored Contributor

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

What happened to your arm and shoulder @Noel7? My mom has been putting off shoulder surgery for more than 2 yrs she is supposed to have. She gets cortisone shots and they really do help her quite a bit. She probably would have had no choice but to get the surgery if not for them. I don't know what your injury is and I know they don't work for everyone but thought I would mention them.

Hi @Irshgrl31201 !

When I was in the hospital in June, the side on the only bed available in a special unit wouldn't come down, so I reached behind me and tried to pull myself up.  "Ripppp..."  I remember saying, "That can't be good."  Ya think, Noel! Woman Tongue

Rotator cuff injury, I did go to physical therapy.  I was incredibly surprised at how painful it was, they had me on oxy for two months, so that helped and I was very careful only to take one when I really needed to be able to sleep.  Often it's the muscle below the shoulder joint, upper arm. 

I feel for your mother, it's not easy.

Hey, I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!  Heart